Lama Choyang to present ‘Red Tara and the Sacred Feminine’ in Truckee
July 6, 2013
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — Lama Choyang will teach about the different facets of Tara during a day-long presentation, Red Tara and the Sacred Feminine, July 14, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., at For Goodness Sake.
Tara is a field of unconditioned acceptance, compassion and love. She receives all parts of us, all of what we bring, we experience, what we hold. She is openness,"mother of the victorious ones," source of all phenomena.
Meditate and practice together, and enter the field of Tara.
Lama Choyang has practiced Tibetan Buddhism for more than 20 years, under the guidance of Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche and then his Dzogchen lineage holder, Lama Drimed Norbu.
She completed seven years of retreat at Rigdzin Ling, Chagdud Rinpoche's seat in North America, and was ordained as a lama by Lama Drimed in 2009. She studied at Harvard, spent several years living in India, and practiced social work before moving to Rigdzin Ling to enter retreat. She currently lives in Arcata, supporting sangha — a Buddhist monastic order — and travels to teach and share the dharma.
Suggested "dana" is $35-50, however no one is ever turned away due to lack of funds.
Recommended Stories For You
For Goodness Sake is located at 10157 Donner Pass Road in Truckee. For information visit http://www.goodnesssake.org or call 530-550-8981.
Trending In: Health & Wellness
- The silent killer hits home: Each year, more than 400 Americans die from unintentional carbon monoxide poisoning
- Find your nirvana: Experience sensory deprivation floating in Truckee
- Tahoe Forest offering flu shots; NV Co. offering free shots on Monday
- High-altitude gardening in Lake Tahoe
- Clove, ginger, cinnamon among essential oils for the fall season