Let your authentic voice fly freely with eucalyptus essential oil
June 24, 2015
TAHOE VISTA, Calif. — I have always struggled with speaking my truth. In times where I felt the need to withhold my real feelings for the sake of another, I typically ended up with a sore throat or neck ache.
Whenever I tried to be strong and avoid letting the tears flow, I noticed it felt like I had a lump in my throat. This area of the body is exactly where our throat chakra resides, and therefore our voice is truly as much a physical component as it is an emotional one.
By freeing up the blockages that often build up over time in this area of the body, we are allowing ourselves to speak how it is we truly feel. When blocked, this chakra can expel physical ailments like laryngitis and thyroid problems, as well as emotional issues like codependency and passive aggressive tendencies.
Obviously all of these symptoms will create a fearful mentality and one that is not conducive to living a fulfilling life. Opening our throat chakra allows us to be able to communicate and navigate our emotions in a positive manner.
“Eucalyptus essential oil ... can help clear up blockages on a physical and spiritual level.”
Recommended Stories For You
Applying eucalyptus essential oil to the neck and throat will help to quell any soreness in that area almost immediately. This essential oil has long been used to treat any type of cold symptom with its intensely refreshing and therapeutic aroma.
Moreover, eucalyptus essential oil has tremendously powerful decongestant properties that can help clear up blockages on a physical and spiritual level.
Going through life without an authentic voice is quite debilitating for many reasons. Encourage your true self to be heard on a regular basis through practices like singing, debate, communicating and acting.
Come by and see us for a scalp, neck and shoulder massage featuring eucalyptus essential oil. Your mind and body will open to such glorious clarity after just one session. Let your authentic voice fly freely.
Sarah McCallum is a massage therapist at North Lake Massage & Skin Care in Tahoe Vista. Visit northlakemassage andskincare.com to learn more.
Trending In: Health & Wellness
- High-altitude gardening in Lake Tahoe
- Clove, ginger, cinnamon among essential oils for the fall season
- Find your nirvana: Experience sensory deprivation floating in Truckee
- Got Anxiety? Understanding core beliefs associated with anxiety
- Community Collaborative of Tahoe Truckee honors three for community service
- Churchill County defeats Truckee for 3A state championship (GALLERY)
- Council approval moves Grocery Outlet project forward in Truckee
- Truckee Town Council moves forward with McIver Dairy restoration
- Work to be done: Nevada County economic model is unsustainable
- Truckee Town Council race too tight to call