Nancy Wise advances TDRPD yoga program
March 27, 2014
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Charismatic yoga instructor Nancy Wise has plans to increase yoga options for intermediate and advanced practitioners — and she's started this month by offering Anusara yoga at Truckee-Donner Recreation & Park District's Community Recreation Center.
"I can really create my own environment for practicing [Anusara] at the Community Rec Center," said Wise.
With principal experience in resort areas including Scottsdale, Ariz. and Truckee, Wise exemplifies the community's recreational mentality and encourages people of all ages to challenge themselves through yoga for its mental and physical rewards.
At 55-years-old, Wise attributes never being injured to Anusara's alignment principles.
Wise's class is open to all levels, with the intention of bringing beginners up to level two or level three ability. Classes are offered Monday through Thursday.
Newcomers benefit from an introductory rate of $30 for an unlimited month of classes. For those who opt for a more private setting, Wise also offers lessons for individuals and couples, priced at $60 per individual lesson and $100 per private lesson for couples.
Recommended Stories For You
ANUSARA YOGA SCHEDULE
Monday: 5 p.m.- 6:15 p.m.
Tuesday: 8 a.m.- 9:15 a.m.
Wednesday: 9:15-10:30 a.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m.- 9:15 a.m.
TDRPD main office and rec center is located at 8924 Donner Pass Road. For more information call 530-582-7720 or visit http://tdrpd.org.
Trending In: Health & Wellness
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show
- Truckee council increases in-lieu housing fee for developers
- Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Resort celebrates season opener with new triple chairlift (VIDEO)