North Tahoe-Truckee injury symposium set for next week
November 29, 2016
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — Next week, Tahoe Forest Health System will host an educational evening of great speakers, networking and more at the annual Winter Illness and Injury Symposium.
This event is open to all EMTs, Ski Patrol, Paramedics, Firefighters, Law Enforcement, RNs, PAs, NPs, Physicians, SAR Members and other Pre-Hospital and Hospital Personnel.
Tickets cost $25 and include dinner, a vendor expo and more. The event is set from 3-9 p.m. Monday, Dec. 5, at the Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe in Incline Village.
According to Tahoe Forest, the registration deadline is Wednesday, Nov. 30. Space is limited.
To register and to view the full event agenda, visit go to tfhd.com/WIIS2016. Below is a summary of the event's speakers:
4-5 p.m. Running to the Extreme: International Ultramarathon Medicine – Avinash Patil, MD, Professor Emergency Medicine,Stanford University
Recommended Stories For You
5-6 p.m. Solar Radiation and the Wilderness Eye: Facts vs. Hype – Howard J. Donner, MD
6:15-7:15 p.m. Burning Up: Innovative Medicine in an Austere Environment – Jeffrey J. Westin, MD, FAAEM
8-9 p.m. Controversies in Pre-Hospital Trauma Care – Bryan E. Bledsoe, DO, FACEP, FAAEM, EMT-P
Trending In: Health & Wellness
- The silent killer hits home: Each year, more than 400 Americans die from unintentional carbon monoxide poisoning
- High-altitude gardening in Lake Tahoe
- Compulsive hoarding: profiling personality traits – Got Anxiety?
- Exercising in 7-inch heels
- First Tahoe area skier-caused avalanche reported near Kirkwood
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- John Ward: Airport Board member Lisa Wallace’s apology falls short
- Truckee, North Tahoe skiers dominate first race of high school season
- Sierra cinema: Tahoe-Truckee has been the setting for 100 years of feature film
- Tahoe City moving forward with affordable housing project