North Tahoe-Truckee injury symposium set for next week
November 29, 2016
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — Next week, Tahoe Forest Health System will host an educational evening of great speakers, networking and more at the annual Winter Illness and Injury Symposium.
This event is open to all EMTs, Ski Patrol, Paramedics, Firefighters, Law Enforcement, RNs, PAs, NPs, Physicians, SAR Members and other Pre-Hospital and Hospital Personnel.
Tickets cost $25 and include dinner, a vendor expo and more. The event is set from 3-9 p.m. Monday, Dec. 5, at the Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe in Incline Village.
According to Tahoe Forest, the registration deadline is Wednesday, Nov. 30. Space is limited.
To register and to view the full event agenda, visit go to tfhd.com/WIIS2016. Below is a summary of the event's speakers:
4-5 p.m. Running to the Extreme: International Ultramarathon Medicine – Avinash Patil, MD, Professor Emergency Medicine,Stanford University
Recommended Stories For You
5-6 p.m. Solar Radiation and the Wilderness Eye: Facts vs. Hype – Howard J. Donner, MD
6:15-7:15 p.m. Burning Up: Innovative Medicine in an Austere Environment – Jeffrey J. Westin, MD, FAAEM
8-9 p.m. Controversies in Pre-Hospital Trauma Care – Bryan E. Bledsoe, DO, FACEP, FAAEM, EMT-P
Trending In: Health & Wellness
- High-altitude gardening in Lake Tahoe
- Longtime Tahoe family doctor closing private practice to work out of Reno
- Compulsive hoarding: profiling personality traits – Got Anxiety?
- Got Anxiety? Therapeutic metaphors: ‘Drowning in a sea of anxiety’
- Disabled Sports USA Far West expands to Northstar California
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Northstar California General Manager Nadia Guerriero on the move
- Truckee police arrest woman on assault, child cruelty charges