Put on your galoshes and stomp out exercise blues
November 4, 2013
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — With the splendor of fall, comes the beauty of leaves changing, cooler mornings and inconsistent weather.
Exercise selections may seem limited to some, especially on those rainy days. Instead of seeing the weather as a get out free card to skip a daily workout, take it as an opportunity to experiment with your mundane routine. Go on a crisp damp colorful trail run, trade your summer jersey for your light weight rain jacket and grab your mountain bike for a muddy pedal, throw on your poncho and galoshes and stomp through puddles up the canyon.
Get out and reenact your childhood fun!
Getting outside, moving your body is better then no movement at all. Study upon study continues to point out that just a little is better then none. For example, regular walking or gardening for as little as an hour a week has been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease. Find an activity you enjoy that you actually look forward to doing alone or with a buddy.
If you already are disciplined and prioritize exercise but get dragged down with the seasonal weather changes then mix it up, get creative, and step out of your exercise selection box. For those of you who love the season's changes and thrive on the inclement weather, then continue on exploring your realm of fitness participation and perhaps motivate a buddy who struggles with motivation.
Remember having fun is the number one motivator to keep exercise a vital part of your life.
Recommended Stories For You
Join me for outdoor and indoor fitness classes and yoga classes throughout Truckee and Glenshire. For further inquiries, questions or more info on the fall schedule or to book a massage contact Amy at 209-662-4146, email@example.com or terrafirmafitnes.com.
A fitness and healthy living advocate, Amy has a Masters in Kinesiology, is a certified personal and group trainer and yoga instructor and a licensed massage therapist since 1999. Inspired by her love of the outdoors and its relationship to fitness Amy, started Terra Firma Fitness in 2004.
Trending In: Health & Wellness
- Got Anxiety? Understanding core beliefs associated with anxiety
- Longtime Tahoe family doctor closing private practice to work out of Reno
- Is there a panic-prone personality type? Got Anxiety?
- The reassurance trap — careful what you ask for | Got Anxiety?
- Got Anxiety? Therapeutic metaphors: ‘Drowning in a sea of anxiety’
- Update: Truckee police actively working case involving suspect with a firearm in Glenshire area
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million