Red Cross training seminar set for Thursday at North Tahoe
July 27, 2015
The American Red Cross will present a "Be Red Cross Ready" seminar at the Thursday evening in Incline Village.
The presentation will start at 6 p.m. July 30 in the Meiling Room at the Donald W. Reynolds Community Non-Profit Center, 948 Incline Way.
"Be Red Cross Ready" will focus on general disaster preparedness and will teach people the three simple actions of preparedness: Get a Kit. Make a Plan. Be Informed.
According to a Red Cross news release, this training will offer participants an opportunity to learn how to equip themselves with necessities that can make all the difference should an emergency occur.
"Northern Nevadans face a wide variety of disasters throughout the year," Executive Director Zanny Marsh said in a statement. "Anything from wildfires, floods and even earthquakes can strike northern Nevada at any time. It's essential for residents to be prepared for all different kinds of disasters in order to keep themselves and their loved ones safe."
Call the Red Cross Northern Nevada Office at 775-856-1000 or email Disaster Program Manager Kelly Boyd at email@example.com to register for the event. Space is limited.
Recommended Stories For You
Visit redcross.org to learn more about the American Red Cross.
Trending In: Health & Wellness
- Update: Truckee police actively working case involving suspect with a firearm in Glenshire area
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe