Sandalwood essential oil ideal for the typical Gemini
July 21, 2015
TAHOE VISTA, Calif. — The power of the mind can be quite astonishing. It even seems at times that our mental powers outweigh those of the body.
As a human species, we have moved away from mental exercises and stepped into an era chock full of physical prowess — think Crossfit, yoga, marathon running, extreme sports, etc.
People really enjoy the benefits that result from a long session at the gym. Physical exercise brings people together, and that is a beautiful thing. However, let us not forget the importance of exercising the mind through activities like crossword puzzles, reading, writing, meditation, and even simple conversations.
The mental element in astrology is known as air and three signs fit into this category of like "minded" people.
Aquarius, Gemini and Libra are all air signs, meaning they respond to situations and people in the mind first.
While water signs might become emotionally involved, and fire signs may feel the need to act when confronted with a problem, the air signs mull it over in their head before moving onto the next step.
Recommended Stories For You
You can find a Gemini, for instance, flitting about at a party sparking conversation with many different types of people for the sheer fact that they love connecting with others mentally.
As the next sign in our astrological journey, Gemini is a mutable air sign, meaning they have the wonderful ability to shift and change direction depending upon their surroundings.
You may have heard others refer to this sign as the Twins, and this speaks to the dual nature of their personality.
The typical Gemini is flexible, communicative, intelligent and at times moody. Their nervous systems need support, and oftentimes this vulnerability can lead to hyperactivity and even anxiety.
Sandalwood essential oil can help those with high energy to gain focus and relax mentally.
This particular essential oil is a fabulous component for meditation because it enables the wearer to find a sense of balance. Sandalwood comes from a tree, and therefore increases one's connection to the earth.
It is said that a Gemini in his/her highest form can link soul to personality and a drop or two of Sandalwood can be a wonderful aid for this transition.
Here at the spa, we can help you unwind with an aromatherapy treatment this summer so that you may go out and share with the world your highest self. Namaste.
Sarah McCallum is a massage therapist at North Lake Massage & Skin Care in Tahoe Vista. Visit northlakemassageand skincare.com to learn more.
Trending In: Health & Wellness
- High-altitude gardening in Lake Tahoe
- When panic attacks: differences between true, false alarms | Got Anxiety?
- Community Collaborative of Tahoe Truckee honors three for community service
- Tahoe Forest Women and Family Center earns national award
- Got Anxiety? Understanding core beliefs associated with anxiety
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Now boarding: 5 candidates vie for Truckee Tahoe Airport Board (VIDEO)
- Two arrested at Truckee Rite Aid on burglary, drug charges