Sierra Agape Center to expand hours, services
November 8, 2013
After eight months of providing limited service, Sierra Agape Center is expanding its hours, providing the following services for the Truckee Tahoe communities on a donation or sliding fee basis:
Individual, couples and family therapy with Kimball Pier
Divorce mediation and post-decree mediation for child support and parenting issues with Kimball Pier
Healing Touch massage with Jon L. Weedn
Individual and group meditation training with Jon L. Weedn
Sierra Agape's approach to therapy is integrative and holistic incorporating yoga, nutrition coaching with Jenna Granger and creative expression opportunities with Susie Alexander and Arts in Wellness.
Recommended Stories For You
Kimball C. Pier has a doctorate in depth psychology and places emphasis on depth psychotherapy and ecopsychotherapy in her work. The depth psychological approach to therapy is all encompassing and considers how body, mind and spirit interact. Ecopsychotherapy explores the influences of nature, culture and history in understanding human emotion and behavior.
Dr. Pier supports clients in understanding themselves in the context of current cultural and environmental influences and teaches skills for finding balance and peace in daily life. She incorporates the use of yoga postures, breath work and Ayuervedic techniques in conjunction with her work.
Jon L. Weedn is a certified massage practitioner and meditation trainer with Sierra Agape Center. Jon provides healing touch massage individualized to meet the needs of clients with chronic pain issues, depression, anxiety, compassion fatigue and addiction issues.
Weedn individualizes meditation and mindfulness training for teens and adults to facilitate compassion for self and others, whole-hearted living and the ability to manage difficult situations with skill and kindness.
Sierra Agape Center is pleased to be collaborating with Jenna Granger in providing nutrition coaching and Susie Alexander's Arts in Wellness program for creative expression. They believe in offering clients a broad range of opportunities in building a wellness program for a lifetime of balance, peace and wisdom.
Sierra Agape Center is located at 10153 West River Street in the Garden Folly Building.
For more information visit http://www.sierraagape.org. To schedule therapy appointments call Pier at 530-414-1885. For massage or meditation training, call Weedn at 530-318-6149.
Trending In: Health & Wellness
- High-altitude gardening in Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Forest Hospital District welcomes new otolaryngology doctor
- Is there a panic-prone personality type? Got Anxiety?
- Longtime Tahoe family doctor closing private practice to work out of Reno
- When panic attacks: differences between true, false alarms | Got Anxiety?
- Man with knife apprehended in possible Truckee stabbing
- Investigation continues on man found on Truckee railroad tracks
- North Lake Tahoe projects seek to aid traffic congestion, promote tourism
- Historic Tahoe LakefrontÂ Home Sells for $10 Million
- Truckee Traffic Report: Route 89 one-way operation; Westbound I-80 lane closure