Ski in Chile, climb Truckee granite
July 2, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — The North American Ski Training Center (NASTC) announces its 19th summer ski improvement camp in Portillo, Chile. Portillo is a private ski resort near the boundary of Chile and Argentina. Known for its scenic beauty, abundance of snow and excellent hospitality, Portillo is ranked as one the best ski resorts in South America.
"Portillo is called the cruise ship of the Andes, and makes a really ideal learning environment and vacation spot for our clientele," said NASTC director Jenny Fellows. "All you have to think about when you're there is skiing, dining, enjoying the hotel's amenities, and sleeping. There are no complicated logistics."
NASTC's week-long ski training camp combines adventure and personal coaching. The camp is intended for skiers who want to improve their all-around skiing technique. Skiers are grouped according to shared goals and objectives. There are groups to improve one's form and enjoy a summer getaway, and other groups where the adrenaline runs higher, prepared to charge hard and build up all-mountain skiing skills to descend runs such as Rocajack, the Lake Run and Primavera.
Coaches are selected from across the United States and are ranked among the best in the country. The NASTC – Portillo Summer Ski Improvement Camp will take place Aug. 17-24.
Before embarking for the Andes, NASTC's Summer Rock Climbing School will be in full swing again with programs and privates for kids, adults, groups, women only, and more — all on Donner Summit's world-famous granite walls
NASTC's climbing school is celebrating its 15th year. People of all ages, size, and experience levels can rock climb together, learning new techniques and trying the latest equipment. Rock climbing guides are available through NASTC on even a day's notice. Catch the Women's Climbing Camp, July 20, a day centered around getting out on the rock, finding comfort zones, and enjoying new routes, experiences, and friendship.
Recommended Stories For You
Prices and climbing courses can be found at http://www.skiNASTC.com.
Based in Truckee, NASTC runs 20 separate ski training camps and adventures in 18 different locations throughout the world. Visit http://www.skiNASTC.com.
Trending In: Health & Wellness
- High-altitude gardening in Lake Tahoe
- Disabled Sports USA Far West expands to Northstar California
- Longtime Tahoe family doctor closing private practice to work out of Reno
- Compulsive hoarding: profiling personality traits – Got Anxiety?
- Got Anxiety? Therapeutic metaphors: ‘Drowning in a sea of anxiety’
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Northstar California General Manager Nadia Guerriero on the move
- Truckee police arrest woman on assault, child cruelty charges