Survey: Tahoe Forest nurses rate well in communication
November 8, 2016
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Tahoe Forest Hospital nurses are rated highly for communication with patients — above average for both California and the nation as a whole.
At least 87 percent of surveyed patients at Tahoe Forest responded that nurses "always" communicated well. In California, the average is 75 percent, while the national average is 80 percent.
"Our nurses are committed to providing skilled and compassionate care to each and every patient at Tahoe Forest," says Chief Nursing Officer Karen Gancitano. "Their professionalism and engagement shine through every day."
The figures are from CMS's Hospital Compare website and represent Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) scores collected from October 2014 through September 2015.
Of note: Hospitals with fewer than 100 completed surveys were excluded from consideration for this list.
The following hospitals in California received top marks on patients' HCAHPS survey in the category of nurse communication.
Recommended Stories For You
1. Patients' Hospital of Redding: 96 percent
2. Mammoth Hospital (Mammoth Lakes): 90 percent
3. Fresno Surgical Hospital: 89 percent
4. Tahoe Forest Hospital (Truckee): 87 percent
5. Stanislaus Surgical Hospital: 87 percent
6. Hoag Orthopedic Institute (Irvine): 87 percent
7. Ojai Valley Community Hospital: 87 percent
Complete data about Tahoe Forest and other hospitals can be viewed at medicare.gov/hospitalcompare.
This article was provided by Tahoe Forest Hospital District. Visit tfhd.com to learn more.
Trending In: Health & Wellness
- UPDATE: Officials: Shooting reported in Tahoe City
- Squaw sets February snowfall record (VIDEO)
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- Storm update: I-80 reopened after more than 3 feet falls in Sierra