Survey: Tahoe Forest nurses rate well in communication
November 8, 2016
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Tahoe Forest Hospital nurses are rated highly for communication with patients — above average for both California and the nation as a whole.
At least 87 percent of surveyed patients at Tahoe Forest responded that nurses "always" communicated well. In California, the average is 75 percent, while the national average is 80 percent.
"Our nurses are committed to providing skilled and compassionate care to each and every patient at Tahoe Forest," says Chief Nursing Officer Karen Gancitano. "Their professionalism and engagement shine through every day."
The figures are from CMS's Hospital Compare website and represent Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) scores collected from October 2014 through September 2015.
Of note: Hospitals with fewer than 100 completed surveys were excluded from consideration for this list.
The following hospitals in California received top marks on patients' HCAHPS survey in the category of nurse communication.
Recommended Stories For You
1. Patients' Hospital of Redding: 96 percent
2. Mammoth Hospital (Mammoth Lakes): 90 percent
3. Fresno Surgical Hospital: 89 percent
4. Tahoe Forest Hospital (Truckee): 87 percent
5. Stanislaus Surgical Hospital: 87 percent
6. Hoag Orthopedic Institute (Irvine): 87 percent
7. Ojai Valley Community Hospital: 87 percent
Complete data about Tahoe Forest and other hospitals can be viewed at medicare.gov/hospitalcompare.
This article was provided by Tahoe Forest Hospital District. Visit tfhd.com to learn more.
Trending In: Health & Wellness
- The silent killer hits home: Each year, more than 400 Americans die from unintentional carbon monoxide poisoning
- Clove, ginger, cinnamon among essential oils for the fall season
- High-altitude gardening in Lake Tahoe
- RX drug round up set for April 30 in Incline Village
- Tahoe Forest appoints CEO to 3-year contract, base salary of $350K (updated)
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- French Meadows Restoration Project reaches final approval
- ‘A TOTAL DIFFERENT LIFETIME’: All-female grunge group ready to rock Art Truckee (VIDEO)
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City
- Last of Tahoe’s downhill resorts set to open this week