Tahoe Forest Women and Family Center earns national award
January 19, 2016
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Tahoe Forest Health District's Women and Family Center was recently honored with the Women's Choice Award for America's Best Hospitals for Obstetrics.
This award is given to hospitals that demonstrate extraordinary service in meeting the needs of women and their families, and set higher health care standards by appreciating the unique needs and preferences of female patients.
This is the second time Tahoe Forest Hospital has been named with the Women's Choice Award for America's Best Hospitals for Obstetrics.
"Our wonderful medical staff and hospital staff in the Women and Family Center work hard to deliver excellent care — and to take exceptional care of moms, babies and families," said Harry Weis, CEO of TFHD. "They truly care about their patients, and this award is a great recognition of their skill and effectiveness."
The Women and Family Center at Tahoe Forest Hospital provides comprehensive obstetrical and gynecological care. With a family centered focus, its comprehensive perinatal services program provides individualized support services, teaching, referrals and consultations to expectant mothers and their families.
These individualized care plans provide families with guidance for a healthy pregnancy and help prepare the entire family for labor and the arrival of a new baby.
Recommended Stories For You
The America's Best Hospitals for Obstetrics scoring process is unique in that it is the only national list that focuses on female patient satisfaction.
They select the best hospitals that provide obstetric services based on their exceptional scores for patient recommendation in Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) surveys.
A complete list of hospitals can be viewed at http://www.womenschoiceaward.com.
This article was submitted by Tahoe Forest Health District. Visit tfhd.com to learn more.
Trending In: Health & Wellness
- High-altitude gardening in Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Forest Women and Family Center earns national award
- When panic attacks: differences between true, false alarms | Got Anxiety?
- Community Collaborative of Tahoe Truckee honors three for community service
- The reassurance trap — careful what you ask for | Got Anxiety?
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Finishing strong: Bellon surpasses 3K career passing yards; Wolverines close regular season with Sierra Bowl