Tahoe Woman’s Club meeting centering on essential oils
March 11, 2015
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — The Women's Club of North Tahoe, dedicated to philanthropic and social activities, will hold its next semi-monthly luncheon meeting at Tomaato's Restaurant on Country Club Drive in Incline Village at noon Monday, March 16.
The program for this month's meeting will discuss "Health Through Essential Oils," presented by Tony Tuoto. The presentation will discuss alternatives for personal health care.
"Essential oils are a gift of the earth," said Tuoto, whose personal experience with essential oils is profound. "For centuries people of the world used essential oils to treat illnesses, colds, flus, headaches, infections, warts, gout, indigestion, asthma, etc.. The ancient Egyptians were believed to have used Frankincense to prevent wrinkles.
"As a matter of fact, when tomb raiders found Egyptian tombs the first things they stole were not the gold and jewelry, it was instead the essential oils left behind for the Pharaoh. After that they took the gold and jewels."
So what are essential oils?
"Essential oils are derived from plants. Many plants have essential oils that they use for their own defenses," Tuoto said. "Through modern technology we can extract the oils from the plants to create an incredibly concentrated, very effective and powerful oil that is 100% natural, safe to use, and without side effects like our synthetic drugs from our pharmacy."
Recommended Stories For You
The public is invited to attend the event and learn more about esssential oils by making a reservation via Florine Kubel at 775-831-9235. Cost to attend is $18, and reservations should be made by Thursday, March 12.
The Women's Club of North Tahoe meets the third Monday of every other month (March, May, July, September, November) at noon. Location is determined each time.
The organization's single fundraiser, a glamorous Fashion Show, will be held this summer on August 29 at the Montreux Golf and Country Club in Reno. Details to be announced later this spring.
For further information, contact Cookie Steinberg at 775-298-2665 or Millie Szerman at 775-833-3311.
This article was submitted to the Bonanza by The Women's Club of North Tahoe.
Trending In: Health & Wellness
- High-altitude gardening in Lake Tahoe
- College stress: Major in anxiety, minor in depression – Got Anxiety?
- Got Anxiety? Understanding core beliefs associated with anxiety
- Dragonfly’s Billy McCullough honored with Spirit of Giving award
- When panic attacks: differences between true, false alarms | Got Anxiety?
- Truckee Town Council approves Grocery Outlet
- Updated results still shows close race for Truckee Town Council
- Kurt Reinkens: Affordable living with Grocery Outlet unlocks affordable housing
- Truckee Town Council race still too close to call
- ELECTION: Hetherington, Jones battle for second airport board seat