Truckee Tahoe Medical Group joins care consortium
March 12, 2015
Truckee Tahoe Medical Group last week announced it has joined the National Rural Accountable Care Consortium that is tailored for rural areas like Truckee/Tahoe.
According to a news release, the consortium is intended to help residents — especially seniors — stay well, and navigate the complexity of America's health care system when services are needed.
"We are very excited to work with our medical community to assist our most vulnerable senior citizens seek care when they need it as well as maintain them in their homes whenever possible," said Dr. Barta, a physician specializing in Family Medicine who's been with TTMG since 1999.
The medical group has hired a care coordinator to work closely with doctors and community resources to assist residents to stay healthy, while avoiding repetitive tests, Barta said.
According to the news release, the consortium creates allows several health care organizations to combine to satisfy requirements for an Accountable Care Organization (ACO) to participate in the Medicare Shared Savings Program.
It permits small rural facilities a cost-effective and practical way to participate in the ACO model, Barta said, which should position Truckee Tahoe Medical Group for sustainability into the future.
Recommended Stories For You
The National Rural Accountable Care Consortium has grown from nine communities in three states in 2014 to 30-plus communities in nine states in 2015, including Truckee Tahoe Medical Group.
"Lynn Barr, National Rural Accountable Care Consortium founder, has demonstrated true community leadership in embracing this new approach to health care delivery," Barta said.
If you are a Medicare patient, you may hear from your primary care provider, or you may receive a notice in the mail.
For information, contact Truckee Tahoe Medical Group at email@example.com, or visit ttmg.net.
Trending In: Health & Wellness
- The silent killer hits home: Each year, more than 400 Americans die from unintentional carbon monoxide poisoning
- Find your nirvana: Experience sensory deprivation floating in Truckee
- High-altitude gardening in Lake Tahoe
- Compulsive hoarding: profiling personality traits – Got Anxiety?
- When panic attacks: differences between true, false alarms | Got Anxiety?
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- John Ward: Airport Board member Lisa Wallace’s apology falls short
- Truckee, North Tahoe skiers dominate first race of high school season
- Old Tahoe City firehouse could get a makeover
- Tahoe City moving forward with affordable housing project