Truckee yoga event to raise money for cancer programs
June 15, 2015
TRUCKEE, Calif. — A fundraising yoga event to support, honor and care Tahoe/Truckee friends living with cancer is scheduled for Saturday, June 20, at Donner Lake.
Local yoga teachers Nikki Dean, Laura Green, Meg McCraken and Meghan Ruiz will lead an inspiring, all-levels practice at West End Beach.
The 8:30 to 10 a.m. fundraiser opens with registration at 8 a.m. Fee is $25 in advance, $35 day of event.
All proceeds wil provide free supportive care programs to local cancer patients and their families at the Gene Upshaw Memorial Tahoe Forest Cancer Center, according to the hospital.
Purchase tickets online at tfhd.com/yogaforlife. If you can't attend, you can donate to a Crowdrise goal of $10,000 at crowdrise.com/yogaforlife.
A raffle will occur at the event; a 4-Day Festival Pass to Wanderlust Squaw Valley is among the prizes.
Recommended Stories For You
For information, contact Dean at 530-587-3769 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit tfhd.com to learn more about Tahoe Forest Health System.
Trending In: Health & Wellness
- High-altitude gardening in Lake Tahoe
- College stress: Major in anxiety, minor in depression – Got Anxiety?
- Got Anxiety? Understanding core beliefs associated with anxiety
- When panic attacks: differences between true, false alarms | Got Anxiety?
- Clove, ginger, cinnamon among essential oils for the fall season
- Truckee Town Council approves Grocery Outlet
- Kurt Reinkens: Affordable living with Grocery Outlet unlocks affordable housing
- Truckee Town Council race still too close to call
- Updated results still shows close race for Truckee Town Council
- ELECTION: Hetherington, Jones battle for second airport board seat