Winter injury symposium set for North Lake Tahoe
November 10, 2015
OLYMPIC VALLEY, Calif. — Get the latest treatment modalities and strategies to manage illnesses and injuries at the Winter Illness and Injury Symposium, scheduled for 3-9 p.m. Monday, Dec. 7, at the Resort at Squaw Creek.
According to Tahoe Forest Health District, all EMTs, ski patrollers, paramedics, firefighters, law enforcement, RNs, PAs, NPs, physicians, SAR members and pre-hospital personnel are invited to attend.
Cost to attend is $25; the symposium is scheduled to feature speakers, exhibits, dinner, raffle prizes, no host bar, and the opportunity to earn four continuing education credits.
Speaker topics include "Heroes are Human Too: Depression, PTSD, Suicide Awareness," featuring Natasha Lukasiewich; and "Tactical Medicine in EMS," featuring Todd Kerfoot, among others.
The registration deadline is Nov. 30. To register, visit tfhd.com/wsis2015
Space is limited. For information, call 530-582-3543 or email education@TFHD.com.
Trending In: Health & Wellness
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show
- Truckee council increases in-lieu housing fee for developers