Yoga in the Park event set for Sunday in Truckee
July 9, 2015
The next Yoga in the Park event is scheduled for 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday, July 12, at the Truckee River Regional Park.
Yoga in the Park is a three-day event — the first was held on June 21, on Father's Day and the Summer Solstice, and also the United Nations' first International Day of Yoga.
This Sunday's event is the second in the series, and will serve as a precursor to the annual Wanderlust Festival at Squaw Valley.
According to event materials, One Truest, a local reggae DJ, will spin at the event, which includes a yoga class to be taught by local teachers Kellee Rich (founder of Yoga in the Park), Kate Leist, Michelle Linane and Laura Green.
All proceeds benefit Biking for a Better World, which manages the Truckee Bike Park/Pump Track. There will also be a raffle. Tickets are $1 each, and include prizes from Jax on the Tracks, Yoga Studio Tahoe, Mo, Jo & Zoe, and more.
The Grand Prize — the winner will be announced at August 16 Yoga in the Park event — is a 2015 Burton Genie Snowboard, donated by Totally Board.
Recommended Stories For You
Visit facebook.com/yogaintheparktruckee to learn more.
Trending In: Health & Wellness
- The silent killer hits home: Each year, more than 400 Americans die from unintentional carbon monoxide poisoning
- Tahoe Forest offering flu shots; NV Co. offering free shots on Monday
- Clove, ginger, cinnamon among essential oils for the fall season
- Discover beneficial ‘cupping therapy’ in Kings Beach
- Tahoe-Truckee’s Project MANA relocating after non-renewal of grants
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- ‘A TOTAL DIFFERENT LIFETIME’: All-female grunge group ready to rock Art Truckee (VIDEO)
- Old Tahoe City firehouse could get a makeover
- French Meadows Restoration Project reaches final approval
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show