In honor of Father’s Day, what makes your dad special? | Word on the Street
June 15, 2015
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — This week's question: In honor of Father's Day, what makes your dad special?
Here are this week's responses, as asked in Kings Beach:
Brian Angel, marketing professional, San Luis Obispo: "He always put being a dad first. Also, he allowed me to be myself. He guided me as opposed to steered me."
Mason Pratt, security worker, Kings Beach: "I've actually never met my dad, but I'm a dad. I think dads are important. If you have a good dad, (he) set(s) what you strive to be when you get older."
Tricia Duncan, pastry chef, Carson City: "My father left, but my stepfather has been in my life. He took me in as his own at a very young age … He's kind, he's giving, welcomed not only me, but my sister with open arms."
Brock Diesner, restaurant employee, Reno: "He's always been there for me. He's always taught me valuable life lessons, and he's very loving, too."
Trending In: Entertainment
- Ethan Coen to introduce film in Lake Tahoe
- And the winners are: Results of 33rd annual Lake Tahoe Autumn Food & Wine Festival released
- Birders, don’t despair: Winter birds are here at Lake Tahoe
- 10 things to do in Truckee this weekend: Beer and German food; Dog races; Snowshoe tours
- Burlesque show ‘Beautiful Anarchy’ returns to South Lake Tahoe