Lake Tahoe recipe: Chicken pasta salad lettuce wraps
September 22, 2016
Looking for a quick fix this week? Rotisserie chicken is an easy shortcut for just about any recipe that calls for shredded chicken. If you'd rather prepare the chicken yourself, roast two chicken breasts at 400 degrees for 20 minutes and shred.
Serve this recipe for dinner tonight, and use the leftovers for lunch tomorrow; the flavor will only get better overnight. You can add halved cherry tomatoes, diced celery or even Parmesan cheese to the pasta salad for a little extra flavor.
PASTA SALAD LETTUCE WRAPS
Makes 10+ lettuce wraps.
1 pound bow-tie pasta
Recommended Stories For You
2 cups shredded chicken (I used a store-bought rotisserie chicken)
2 red bell peppers, chopped
1 large red onion, chopped
½ cup parsley, chopped
½ cup chopped green olives or capers
1 head butter or iceberg lettuce, leaves pulled
Red wine vinaigrette:
¾ cup red wine vinegar
¼ cup lemon juice
½ tablespoon dried oregano
6 garlic cloves
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 pinch red pepper flakes
1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Place vinaigrette ingredients, except olive oil, in a blender or use an immersion blender to mix. Slowly pour in the oil while blending, until smooth and creamy.
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and place in a large mixing bowl. Place the shredded chicken, chopped bell peppers, onions, olives and parsley along with the red wine vinaigrette into the pasta and mix until well combined.
Taste for seasoning and add more vinaigrette, or salt or pepper as desired. Serve the pasta salad in the lettuce cups. Enjoy!
Chef Arica Davis is owner/operator of Yummy Fixins, Personal Chef Services and Pasta Parties. Visit http://www.yummyfixins.com to book your next dinner party.
Trending In: Entertainment
- VESSELS: Wood is Good
- Vote for Best Of North Lake Tahoe & Truckee
- Best Food & Beverage – 2017 Best of North Lake Tahoe and Truckee
- Going Tahoe streaking: A look at the history behind some of the lake’s naturist-friendly beaches
- After 75 years on Lake Tahoe, historic Thunderbird yacht getting new engines
- Investigation continues on man found on Truckee railroad tracks
- Man with knife apprehended in possible Truckee stabbing
- Truckee Traffic Report: Route 89 one-way operation; Westbound I-80 lane closure
- Tahoe Housing Trouble Part 3: Local entities aim to crack Tahoe’s housing crunch
- Wolverines make statement with win over Fernley