Lake Tahoe SummerFest returning Aug. 2
July 4, 2013
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — New and returning visitors to Lake Tahoe can once again enjoy compelling musical performances among the majestic pines at the Lake Tahoe SummerFest 2013, Aug. 2-18 on the campus of Sierra Nevada College in Incline Village.
The Lake Tahoe SummerFest Orchestra is composed of 40 virtuoso musicians individually invited from the great orchestras of North America and beyond — the Metropolitan Opera Orchestra; the Los Angeles Philharmonic; the symphonies of San Francisco, Seattle and Vancouver; and the Leipzig Gewandhaus, among others.
This summer, Maestro Joel Revzen will be joined by six renowned soloists including:
Frederica von Stade: mezzo soprano
Jennifer Koh: violinist
Benjamin Hochman: pianist
Recommended Stories For You
Meredith Clark: harpist
Demarre McGill: flutist
Chris Brubeck: composer and trombonist
"We are so pleased to continue the magic created by last year's inaugural SummerFest concert series," said Madylon Meiling, Lake Tahoe SummerFest founder and chair. "In the same intimate concert environment, we're adding 'TalkBack,' an opportunity for post-concert discussions with Maestro Revzen and the musicians."
From Beethoven to Brubeck, classical music will once again be celebrated on the beautiful campus of Sierra Nevada College. A 500-seat acoustically designed concert tent will offer pure sound without amplification, and tiered seating for unencumbered sightlines.
The concert evening will be also enhanced by featured local food and select wines.
"To experience the composer's genius brought to life in a pristine natural setting is certain to inspire our audience and touch their hearts," said Revzen.
SummerFest Concerts will be held the weekends of Aug. 2-4, Aug. 9-11 and Aug. 16-18. Orchestra programs are Friday evenings at 7 p.m., and family concerts are Sunday afternoons at 4 p.m., with musical selections for adults and children to enjoy together.
On Saturday evenings at 7 p.m., chamber music concerts highlight the virtuosity of individual orchestra members performing in an intimate setting.
Individual ticket prices are $75, $50 and $25. A VIP subscription for all nine concerts with premium seating includes a reception with Revzen and members of the orchestra and keepsake mementos.
For more information and to purchase tickets, visit www.tahoesummerfest.org, or call 775-832-1606.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Mountainfilm on Tour lands at Squaw Valley
- WineInk: Expert suggestion for the Valentine’s Day pairing of wine with love
- Alpine Meadows: The Art Linkletter connection
- 10 things to do in Truckee this weekend: Beer and German food; Dog races; Snowshoe tours
- Best Food & Beverage – 2017 Best of North Lake Tahoe and Truckee
- UPDATE: Officials: Shooting reported in Tahoe City
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- Squaw sets February snowfall record (VIDEO)
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Storm update: I-80 reopened after more than 3 feet falls in Sierra