Lineup for Kings Beach summer shows announced
May 8, 2014
The North Tahoe Business Association has announced the lineup for the annual Music on the Beach concert series in Kings Beach.
The free music series runs Fridays from June 27 through Aug. 29, excluding the Fourth of July, at Kings Beach State Recreation Area.
The performances are family friendly and feature local and regional acts.
"Start your summer weekend off right by listening and dancing to free, live music performances featuring a variety of genres on the beautiful North Shore of Lake Tahoe," according to an announcement from NTBA.
The concerts kick off June 27, with Tahoe's own Blues Monsters.
Funk act Drop Theory performs July 11 and is followed by honky-tonk rock by Santa Cruz's Miss Lonely Hearts on July 18. Afro-funk from Zanzibar follows on July 25, with bluegrass from the Wrinkle on Aug. 1 and funk and soul from Reno's Mojo Green on Aug. 8.
Recommended Stories For You
Keyser Soze plays reggae, ska and soul Aug. 15, while North Tahoe's Horsemouth performs rock, dub and reggae Aug. 22. The series concludes Aug. 29 with a performance by classic rock cover band Jacked-Up.
Concerts take place at and start at approximately 6:30 pm. Food and drinks are available for purchase at the shows.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Wine Ink: Wine and dine at Meadowood
- Ethan Coen to introduce film in Lake Tahoe
- Eric Burdon & The Animals to perform at Harrah’s Lake Tahoe
- And the winners are: Results of 33rd annual Lake Tahoe Autumn Food & Wine Festival released
- The Lone Eagle Grille at The Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe will serve up a holiday feast on Christmas day