Tahoe Chamber music finalé Sunday features violin/piano duo
July 22, 2015
The Tahoe Chamber Music Society's last concert of the season takes place this Sunday, July 26.
We are proud to bring back two of our favorite musicians — Kay Stern on violin and Joan Nagano on piano — playing a varied program including Schumann, Shostakovich, Vivaldi, Finzi, Bloch, and Grieg.
Kay Stern is concertmaster of the San Francisco Opera Orchestra, and is internationally renowned, with recordings on six distinguished labels, a huge career of performances in many countries, and appearances on radio and TV, including PBS's "Live from Lincoln Center" and Garrison Keillor's "Prairie Home Companion."
With a doctorate in music from the Juilliard School, she has served on the faculty at the Cleveland Institute of Music, the San Francisco Conservatory of Music, and the University of San Francisco.
Joan Nagano, likewise, has an impressive international resumé. She has toured in six countries and been heard on Bay Area radio and Canadian national radio.
With a special interest in new music, she is a founding member of the Beaumont Ensemble. She is a graduate of the music conservatories in Freiburg, Germany, and San Francisco.
Recommended Stories For You
Following their performance on July 26 will be a reception for members of the Society. The concert begins at 2:30 p.m. at St. Patrick's Episcopal Church on the corner of Village and Northwood boulevards.
The concerts are free to the public, and donations are welcome. Visit tahoechambermusic.org for information.
Trending In: Music
- Toccata to perform ‘Brrroque Masters’
- Beloved Lake Tahoe musician Peter Joseph Burtt back in the groove 8 months after heart surgery (VIDEO)
- ‘80s cover band Tainted Love to reprise haunted role for 12th annual North Lake Tahoe Halloween bash
- Australia’s Opiuo bringing funkadelic bass to North Tahoe
- LA-based Multiplex Dance Company bringing cyberpunk to Truckee
- Update: Truckee police actively working case involving suspect with a firearm in Glenshire area
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million