Tahoe Ten: Truckee Halloween parade, Rusted Root highlight weekend
November 2, 2015
TAHOE-TRUCKEE, Calif. — Here are the Sierra Sun-Bonanza's picks for the Top 10 events to check out this Halloween weekend:
1. Rusted Root at Crystal Bay Casino
Legendary jam band Rusted Root, most known for their iconic hit single "Send Me On My Way," brings its acoustic/world music stylings to North Lake Tahoe on Friday.
Where: Crystal Bay Casino Crown Room
When: 9 p.m. Friday, Oct. 30
Cost: $20 (advance); $25 (door).
Recommended Stories For You
2. Halloween Parade in Truckee
Bring your costumes, bring your kids, and bring your cameras to catch all the fun of the annual Halloween Parade in downtown Truckee on Friday night.
Where: Downtown Truckee
When: 6 p.m. Friday, Oct. 30
3. The Podunk Poets at Moody's
The Podunk Poets, a rowdy, duet-fronted band with a unique sound inspired by honkytonk and classic country, perform back-to-back free shows in downtown Truckee this weekend.
Where: Moody's Bistro, Bar & Beats, Truckee
When: 8:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 30; 8 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 31
4. Seth Lael at Cottonwood
Multi-instrumentalist Seth Lael, a progressive folk musician from San Francisco, brings his diverse sound to the Cottonwood Restaurant & Bar in Truckee.
Where: Cottonwood Restaurant & Bar, Truckee
When: 7 p.m. Friday, Oct. 30
5. Halloween Party at Jake's on the Lake
Celebrate Halloween at Jake's on the Lake with DJ Little Miss Mixer and DJ Rundown in Tahoe City.
Where: Jake's on the Lake, Tahoe City
When: 9 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 31
6. Rocking Dead Halloween Bash in South Lake Tahoe
The Hard Rock Casino holds its annual Rocking Dead Halloween Bash, featuring live music by party band Cover Me Badd and a costume contest with $400 in prizes.
Where: Hard Rock Casino Lake Tahoe, Stateline
When: 10 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 31
Cost: Free with costume; $10 without
7. Lego Block Party in South Lake Tahoe
Design, build and invent with Legos and Duplo blocks at the South Lake Tahoe Library on Saturday morning. All blocks will be provided.
Where: South Lake Tahoe Library
When: 10 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 31
8. Halloween Treat Street in South Lake Tahoe
The 13th annual Halloween Treat Street will entail warm indoor trick-or-treating, music, games, a mad scientist laboratory, fortune telling, spooky stories and more.
Where: Lake Tahoe Community College, South Lake Tahoe
When: 5-8 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 31
9. Opal's Exotic Halloween Bash at Montbleu
The sexy thrills and sultry chills are at Opal as you dance and drink the night away with our wicked go-go dancers and drink specials.
Where: Montbleu Resort, Lake Tahoe, Nev.
When: 10 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 31
Cost: $10 (Ladies drink free until midnight).
10. James Stephens III at The Improv at Harveys
Comedian, impressionist, actor and musician James Stephens III will showcase a versatile performance for solo shows at The Improv at Harveys on the South Shore.
Where: The Improv at Harveys, Stateline
When: 9 p.m. Friday-Sunday, Oct. 28-Nov. 1
Cost: $25 (Friday, Sunday); $30 (Saturday).
Trending In: Entertainment
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Truckee-based FiftyFifty to open 9,000 sq. ft. brewery in Reno Public Market in 2020