2016 North Lake Tahoe Plein Air Open reception set for Friday
June 15, 2016
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — North Tahoe Arts this week is hosting the 2016 North Lake Tahoe Plein Air Open, involving artists from all over the country gathering across the region for the week of June 13-18 to paint the breathtaking scenery here "en plein air" — in the open air.
There are 25 competing artists this year. An Artists Reception and Collectors' Party on Friday, June 17, from 4-6 p.m. will offer the only opportunity to see the entire competition art show and purchase the best of the best.
It also offers the chance to be present as the competition awards are announced. Enjoy the company of friends, wine, food and conversation with the participating artists at the new Tahoe Maritime Museum location in Tahoe City.
Tickets for the party are $35 per person or $50 for VIP. VIP ticket holders are allowed 30-minute early entry with complimentary champagne and chance to win $250 worth of custom framing.
North Tahoe Arts has been a nonprofit since 1990, supporting the visual arts in the North Tahoe-Truckee communities through exposure, education and participation.
The North Lake Tahoe Plein Air Open is a fundraising program for North Tahoe Arts. Tahoe Maritime Museum is located at 401 West Lake Blvd., Tahoe City.
Recommended Stories For You
This article was provided by North Tahoe Arts. Visit northtahoearts.com to learn more.
Trending In: The Arts
- What to know about acclimating to Lake Tahoe’s higher elevations
- What’s the dominant pine tree at Lake Tahoe? You might be surprised
- Date night: Romantic hot spots around Lake Tahoe-Truckee
- Beaver population thriving at Lake Tahoe thanks to local volunteers
- The magic of mushrooms at Lake Tahoe | Toree’s Stories
- Truckee Town Council approves Grocery Outlet
- Truckee Town Council race still too close to call
- Kurt Reinkens: Affordable living with Grocery Outlet unlocks affordable housing
- Updated results still shows close race for Truckee Town Council
- ELECTION: Hetherington, Jones battle for second airport board seat