A carnival, yoga festival, and dance party for your weekend
July 20, 2017
Below are the Sierra Sun's picks for the Top 10 events to check out this weekend at Truckee and Lake Tahoe.
Have an event you want considered for a future Your Tahoe Weekend calendar? Email Reporter Cassandra Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Truckee Carnival
Come one, come all to the California Carnival in Truckee featuring a Ferris wheel, giant slide, roller coaster, and many more rides.
When: Wednesday, July 19 – Sunday, July 23
Where: Truckee River Regional Park
Recommended Stories For You
Cost: $25 vouchers are redeemable for your choice of an unlimited ride wristband or 30 ride tickets, when purchased in advance. Fun Pack 30 tickets: $30; Unlimited Ride Wristband: $35
Squaw Valley hosts the four-day event celebrating yoga, meditation, music, nature, and camaraderie.
When: Thursday, July 20 – Sunday, July 23
Where: Squaw Valley
Cost: $15 – $500
3. 43rd annual Truckee Antiques Show
The Truckee Annual Antiques & Vintage Sale will feature thousands of quality antiques and unique collectibles for sale, with proceeds benefitting the Truckee High School's Boosters Club.
When: Friday, July 21 – Sunday, July 23 | 10 a.m.
Where: Alder Creek Middle School
Cost: $6 admission
4. Pacific Fine Arts Festival at Homewood
Homewood will showcase more than 30 artists' assortment of collectible arts and crafts in a variety of media.
When: Friday, July 21 | 10 a.m.
Where: Homewood Mountain Ski Resort
5. Her Mountain
The Specialized Bike Academy hosts two days of women's mountain bike adventure, including yoga and a wine mixer.
When: Saturday, July 22 – Sunday, July 23
Where: Northstar California Resort
6. "Tahoe's Favorite Dance Party"
Tainted Love and an after-party with Sleeper Cell & ZoSo will hit the Crystal Bay Casino Saturday night for what's been called Tahoe's favorite dance party.
When: Saturday, July 22 | 9 p.m.
Where: Crystal Bay Club Casino Crown Room
Cost: $20 in advance, $25 at the door
7. FMX Motocross Event
The Hard Rock Casino transforms into an off-road sporting experience for the FMX Motocross Event including festival booths and interactive events.
When: Saturday, July 22 | 1-6 p.m.
Where: Hard Rock Casino Lake Tahoe
Cost: Adults: $20, Kids: $10
8. Still-Life Watercolor Workshop
This intermediate to advanced watercolor workshop will cover wet in wet, wet on dry, layering, glazing, and negative painting techniques.
When: Saturday, July 22 | 2-4:30 p.m.
Where: Atelier Truckee
9. Truckee Community Farmer's Market
Every Sunday the Truckee Community Farmer's Market brings fresh local food from farms and producers within 125 miles of the Town of Truckee.
When: Sunday, July 23 | 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Where: Coffeebar and Sears parking lot
Cost: Free event
10. Summer Music Sessions — Tracorum w/ Hibbity Dibbity
After enjoying a fun show at the Concerts at Commons Beach, head to Moe's Original BBQ to enjoy Hibbity Dibbity.
When: Sunday, July 23 | 9 p.m.
Where: Moe's Original BBQ
Cost: Free event
Trending In: The Arts
- What to know about acclimating to Lake Tahoe’s higher elevations
- What’s the dominant pine tree at Lake Tahoe? You might be surprised
- Date night: Romantic hot spots around Lake Tahoe-Truckee
- Tahoe health seekers: The history behind region’s oldest hot springs resorts
- Girl Scout Cookies in the Reno-Tahoe area are getting a healthy makeover
- Update: Truckee police actively working case involving suspect with a firearm in Glenshire area
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe