Art, wine shows coming to Incline Village Rec Center
January 13, 2016
The Incline Village Recreation Center, in collaboration with Easel and Wine, will be hosting a winter series cultural art workshops.
The series, which kicks off Thursday, Jan. 21, will feature a monthly wine tasting, a signature appetizer from a local vendor and inspiration from local artists in creating your own masterpiece. The schedule is as follows:
Thursday, Jan. 21: Watercolor Artist Barb Kallestad will encourage the creation of a Diamond Peak masterpiece, while enjoying "Bubbles: the sparkling wines of the world."
Thursday, Feb. 18: Artist Kim Snyder will awaken the abstract artist in all of us, while enjoying Westwood Wines, created by the former winemaker from Toomey Winery – Silver Oak.
Thursday, March 24: Plein Air Artist Monika Johnson will inspire a French Countryside work of art, as we enjoy the wines of France.
Kallestad is a local watercolor artist. She and her family moved to Tahoe in 1987, and she and her husband now live in South Reno.
Recommended Stories For You
Barb was educated at the School of Associated Arts in St. Paul, Minn., and The Academy of Fine Arts in Florence, Italy. She has been a practicing graphic and fine artist for over 40 years and has taught painting classes to adults and children.
She is presently self-employed. Her original watercolors, giclee prints and art cards are being sold at various locations in the Reno, North-South Lake Tahoe and Carson City areas.
Barb has been involved in ARTour, Reno Open Studio and Reno's Art Blast, and she was asked to join three other "Made In Tahoe" artists during the exhibit at the Nevada Museum of Art's six-month show "Tahoe: A Visual History."
All workshops will take place in the Incline Village Recreation Center Lobby at 980 Incline Way. The wine tasting and presentation, facilitated by Sommelier Lou Philips, will begin at 5 p.m., and appetizers paired with the featured wine will be served.
The artist-inspired workshop will begin at 6 p.m. and conclude at 8 p.m. The fee for each event is $94, or $75 for participants with an IVGID pass or a Rec. Center Membership.
Space is limited and pre-registration is required. To reserve your spot, visit the Incline Village Recreation Center or call 775-832-1310.
This article was submitted by the Incline Village General Improvement District. Visit ivgid.org to learn more.
Trending In: The Arts
- What to know about acclimating to Lake Tahoe’s higher elevations
- What’s the dominant pine tree at Lake Tahoe? You might be surprised
- Tahoe Top Five: Christy Hill’s Coq Au Vin recipe a flavorful favorite
- Beaver population thriving at Lake Tahoe thanks to local volunteers
- The magic of mushrooms at Lake Tahoe | Toree’s Stories
- Two arrested at Truckee Rite Aid on burglary, drug charges
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- William Mardison: Police officers’ association announces Truckee council endorsements
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)