Incline artist’s exhibit at Wolfdale’s
March 5, 2014
Last week, Wolfdale's Cuisine Unique welcomed Incline Village artist Matt Dodge and an eclectic exhibit of his work. The display continues until mid-May.
A fixture of the regional art community for two decades, Dodge unveils here two new series of work, coupled with a variety of recent images on canvas. Visually intoxicating and intricate, these pieces are graphic translations of his tremendous joy for living.
In creating his work, Dodge employs an assortment of processes. He begins with outdoor photography, which is digitally edited then printed on canvas. Next he works by hand with an assortment of color media
He finishes by steadfastly etching detail into the canvas. Because each piece is so meticulously finished, there exists a delicate physical quality to the work. The end products, which he terms "sculpted photographs", are one-of-a-kind fine art treasures.
Wolfdale's is located 640 North Lake Blvd. in Tahoe City. Contact 530-583-5700 for restaurant hours. For exhibit inquiries, visit http://www.mattdodgeimages.com.
Trending In: The Arts
- What to know about acclimating to Lake Tahoe’s higher elevations
- Girl Scout Cookies in the Reno-Tahoe area are getting a healthy makeover
- What’s the dominant pine tree at Lake Tahoe? You might be surprised
- Beaver population thriving at Lake Tahoe thanks to local volunteers
- The magic of mushrooms at Lake Tahoe | Toree’s Stories