Incline Village Library’s 10th birthday party is Saturday
June 17, 2015
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — Ten years ago, I was starting my library career in a courthouse basement law library 330 miles away.
You, on the other hand, were about to experience the building of a beautiful state of the art community library.
Here we find ourselves 10 years later at the same location, celebrating the same event — Incline Village Library's 10th birthday.
I couldn't be happier to have moved from basement courthouse law library to this gorgeous library tucked away under the pine trees just a short distance from Lake Tahoe.
The staff of the Incline Village Library invites you to come celebrate our 10th birthday. This marks a special event in our community that you will not want to miss.
We have a kickin' party planned. Mark Twain himself will be in attendance to read a Proclamation by the Washoe County Commission declaring it Incline Village Library Day — how cool is that?
Recommended Stories For You
In addition, we'll have live music by Shiloh (interesting library fact: Shiloh performed at our grand opening 10 years ago).
We're also going to show off our newly remolded teen area (can you say iMac?). We will have an antique printing press demo, as well as gifts, crafts and much, much more.
We'll be gettin' our party on from noon to 5 p.m. on Saturday, June 20.
The theme of the party is, "Incline Village Library Then & Now." You come tell me about the "then."
Fill me in, and I'll tell you about the "now" — what we're doing to make your library knock-your-socks-off awesome.
Did I mention cake? There will be cake! Who doesn't love a birthday cake?
Amanda Mongolo is the new Programs & Outreach Librarian at the Incline Village Library, at 845 Alder Ave. Call 775-832-4130 for information.
Trending In: The Arts
- What to know about acclimating to Lake Tahoe’s higher elevations
- Date night: Romantic hot spots around Lake Tahoe-Truckee
- What’s the dominant pine tree at Lake Tahoe? You might be surprised
- Finding Faux: Saving a feral cat from certain death to life at Lake Tahoe
- The magic of mushrooms at Lake Tahoe | Toree’s Stories
- Truckee Town Council race still too close to call
- Kurt Reinkens: Affordable living with Grocery Outlet unlocks affordable housing
- Police: Undercover operation breaks up Lake Tahoe drug ring
- Wolverines scuttle Pirates to reach first state title game since 2012
- Lastest election results (Nevada/Placer counties, state)