Lake Tahoe recipe: ahi tuna poke — an easy appetizer that wows friends
September 29, 2016
Let's face it: We all want to find that recipe that doesn't take a lot of prep, tastes great and is healthy to boot. Lucky for you, I've found it. Ahi tuna poke is one of my go-to recipes because it's such a simple dish — and only requires a handful of ingredients.
Even better, there are so many variations of poke, so you can customize it. Some people add in Sriracha for some heat, a little mayonnaise for creaminess or even seaweed for another texture; but personally I prefer this simple version.
Get creative and do what you like best. Serve it with chips as an appetizer or on rice for a meal — it's that versatile. The most important part of a poke recipe is the fish. The key, of course, is purchasing a high-quality, sashimi-grade ahi tuna steak.
AHI TUNA POKE
Makes two to four servings.
Recommended Stories For You
½ pound raw sashimi grade ahi tuna
1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon green onions, chopped
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1 teaspoon sesame oil
Cut the ahi tuna into half-inch cubes. Add tuna, green onions, sesame seeds, soy sauce and sesame oil to bowl. Gently fold to combine. Taste and adjust with more soy sauce, sesame oil. Let sit five minutes at room temperature, then serve.
Chef Arica Davis is owner/operator of Yummy Fixins, Personal Chef Services and Pasta Parties. Visit http://www.yummyfixins.com to book your next dinner party.
Trending In: The Arts
- What to know about acclimating to Lake Tahoe’s higher elevations
- What’s the dominant pine tree at Lake Tahoe? You might be surprised
- Date night: Romantic hot spots around Lake Tahoe-Truckee
- Girl Scout Cookies in the Reno-Tahoe area are getting a healthy makeover
- Tahoe health seekers: The history behind region’s oldest hot springs resorts
- Update: Truckee police actively working case involving suspect with a firearm in Glenshire area
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million