Options abound at Truckee area ski resorts
December 6, 2017
As locals wait for the "big one" from Mother Nature and the start of endless hours of skiing and snowboarding fun, there are numerous non-skiing activities going on at the largest resorts in the Truckee-Tahoe region.
"Off the mountain is where the most unexpected memories are made," said Stephanie Myers, communications specialist for Northstar California Resort.
"It's surreal to weave through the silent forest on snowshoes or feel inspired looking up at the glowing Sierra night sky. Small moments like sinking into the Village cabana cushions in between laps on the ice rink or roasting marshmallows together are what make the winter experience so special," she added.
Northstar California Resort and Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows offer several family friendly experiences for people who still want to relax with snow under foot, but without bindings.
Trending In: The Arts
- What to know about acclimating to Lake Tahoe’s higher elevations
- What’s the dominant pine tree at Lake Tahoe? You might be surprised
- The magic of mushrooms at Lake Tahoe | Toree’s Stories
- Try these 5 wonderful wildflower hikes at Lake Tahoe-Truckee
- Sierra history: 19th century saloons thrived in Truckee, America’s Old West
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Truckee man accused of raping teen
- Coming soon: a theater near you – Truckee Art Haus on track for downtown
- Truckee Donner Land Trust awarded more than $750,000 for forest health work
- Rally for Rasta Stevie: Tahoe community comes together to support self-described ski bum, emcee