Options abound at Truckee area ski resorts
December 6, 2017
As locals wait for the "big one" from Mother Nature and the start of endless hours of skiing and snowboarding fun, there are numerous non-skiing activities going on at the largest resorts in the Truckee-Tahoe region.
"Off the mountain is where the most unexpected memories are made," said Stephanie Myers, communications specialist for Northstar California Resort.
"It's surreal to weave through the silent forest on snowshoes or feel inspired looking up at the glowing Sierra night sky. Small moments like sinking into the Village cabana cushions in between laps on the ice rink or roasting marshmallows together are what make the winter experience so special," she added.
Northstar California Resort and Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows offer several family friendly experiences for people who still want to relax with snow under foot, but without bindings.
Trending In: The Arts
- What to know about acclimating to Lake Tahoe’s higher elevations
- What’s the dominant pine tree at Lake Tahoe? You might be surprised
- Tahoe Top Five: Christy Hill’s Coq Au Vin recipe a flavorful favorite
- Beaver population thriving at Lake Tahoe thanks to local volunteers
- Sierra history: Chief Truckee and the missing link to the California Trail
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Two arrested at Truckee Rite Aid on burglary, drug charges
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Now boarding: 5 candidates vie for Truckee Tahoe Airport Board (VIDEO)