Options abound at Truckee area ski resorts
December 6, 2017
As locals wait for the "big one" from Mother Nature and the start of endless hours of skiing and snowboarding fun, there are numerous non-skiing activities going on at the largest resorts in the Truckee-Tahoe region.
"Off the mountain is where the most unexpected memories are made," said Stephanie Myers, communications specialist for Northstar California Resort.
"It's surreal to weave through the silent forest on snowshoes or feel inspired looking up at the glowing Sierra night sky. Small moments like sinking into the Village cabana cushions in between laps on the ice rink or roasting marshmallows together are what make the winter experience so special," she added.
Northstar California Resort and Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows offer several family friendly experiences for people who still want to relax with snow under foot, but without bindings.
Trending In: The Arts
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- French Meadows Restoration Project reaches final approval
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City
- ‘A TOTAL DIFFERENT LIFETIME’: All-female grunge group ready to rock Art Truckee
- Last of Tahoe’s downhill resorts set to open this week