Tahoe recipe: Chrissy’s cookies — a pocketful of miracles
June 25, 2015
As many of my readers know, I am training for a mini triathlon thing called, optimistically, a "sprint."
Now "sprint" to me implies fast and easy, so why all the grueling preparation? Seriously, I feel like I am auditioning for an episode of "Survivor."
My training "buddy" (who, FYI, is no longer a friend of mine!) keeps dropping me off at places like Martis for a 4.5-mile run (translation" walk with cell phone) the summit with my bike, and the lake with a wetsuit.
Yep, just me, my gear, some water and, thankfully, Chrissy's cookies. These puppies fit right in my fanny pack, in the pocket where my pedometer is supposed to be. I love them.
You do not have to be an athlete in training to reward yourself with a Chrissy cookie — just a good person. Actually, even if you are a real sour puss, these little gems will adjust your attitude.
For instance, I'm suddenly looking forward to today's workout.
Recommended Stories For You
Two and 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup quick oats
1/2 cup chopped pecans
One 12 oz, package chocolate chips
"smidge" of salt
1/2 lb of butter
3/4 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
One and 1/2 cups peanut butter
Preheat oven to 350. Beat together the last five ingredients and set aside. Mix together the first three dry ingredients and then stir into the butter, egg etc. mixture you have just set aside.
Now stir in the chocolate chips, pecans and salt. Spoon into balls on cookie sheet, flatten with a fork and bake for 8–10 minutes.
Simone Grandmain is an internationally published travel and food writer who currently calls Truckee-Tahoe home. She welcomes your recipes, kitchen "must-haves" and food news at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: The Arts
- What to know about acclimating to Lake Tahoe’s higher elevations
- What’s the dominant pine tree at Lake Tahoe? You might be surprised
- The magic of mushrooms at Lake Tahoe | Toree’s Stories
- Tahoe recipe: Bye tradition, hello ‘Judy Bird’ – the easier way to turkey
- Beaver population thriving at Lake Tahoe thanks to local volunteers
- Churchill County defeats Truckee for 3A state championship (GALLERY)
- Council approval moves Grocery Outlet project forward in Truckee
- Work to be done: Nevada County economic model is unsustainable
- Truckee Town Council race too tight to call
- Truckee Town Council moves forward with McIver Dairy restoration