Tahoe recipe: Coffee-rubbed rib eye steak is prime for grilling
June 27, 2016
It's summertime and the weather is perfect for grilling. While this past Sunday was Father's Day, any day is a good day to celebrate dad, so why not skip the goofy gifts and treat him to a delicious steak dinner instead?
He's guaranteed to love this rib eye recipe, which — when served with a fresh salad, garlic mashed potatoes and pan-seared crispy green beans — screams "best dad ever" more than any tie or golf accessory.
Just don't forget the beer! This dinner pairs well with an Authentic Trappist Monk Beer like Westmalle Dubbel or Rochefort #6.
COFFEE RUBBED RIB EYE
Makes 4-6 servings
Maple-bourbon butter ingredients:
Recommended Stories For You
2 tablespoons bourbon
2 teaspoons maple syrup
1/2 cup grass-fed butter, softened
Whisk the bourbon and maple syrup together with a fork until combined, then add in the butter. Mix together with electric hand mixer until creamy and smooth.
Place butter on a sheet of plastic wrap, fold one end of the plastic wrap sheet over the butter and roll the butter into a cylindrical "log."
Twist the ends of the plastic wrap (like a wrapped candy) and refrigerate for at least one hour or until hardened.
4 rib-eye steaks
1/4 cup coffee dry rub (use your favorite brand or the recipe below)
Rub coffee dry rub evenly on all sides of each rib eye and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Preheat gas grill on high heat. Grill 4-6 minutes on each side, cook until the internal temperature registers 125 degrees on an instant-read thermometer (for medium rare).
Transfer the steaks to a cutting board and tent loosely with foil. Let rest for 10 minutes.
Slice the butter and place one slice on each steak. Serve and enjoy!
Coffee dry rub ingredients:
6 tablespoons ground coffee
2 tablespoons coarse salt
2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons pepper
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
Combine and set aside. Store extra rub in airtight container.
Chef Arica Davis is owner/operator of Yummy Fixins, Personal Chef Services and Pasta Parties. Visit http://www.yummyfixins.com to book your next dinner party.
Trending In: The Arts
- What to know about acclimating to Lake Tahoe’s higher elevations
- Date night: Romantic hot spots around Lake Tahoe-Truckee
- Love in the air: Lake Tahoe bird breeding season already upon us
- What’s the dominant pine tree at Lake Tahoe? You might be surprised
- Beaver population thriving at Lake Tahoe thanks to local volunteers
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- UPDATE: Court rules in favor of construction of Raley’s Grocery store
- Storm update: I-80 reopened after more than 3 feet falls in Sierra
- THE SUN NOW: Live coverage from the newsroom (Live Scanner)
- Another storm headed for Lake Tahoe this week