Tahoe recipe: Creamy radish dip perfect for variety of veggies
August 9, 2016
I love radishes — tasty in salads or on a veggie platter with hummus. While not everyone loves radishes, I have a feeling this dip will change your mind.
Red radishes can be spicy, but when mixed with sour cream, their spice really calms down. Serve this dip with chips or a variety of veggies like cucumbers, carrots and sweet peppers. It will keep in the fridge for a few days, making it an easy make-ahead dish.
CREAMY RADISH DIP
Makes 2 cups
8-10 radishes (about 2 cups), washed and trimmed
Recommended Stories For You
1 garlic clove, peeled
1 small shallot, peeled
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Place radishes, garlic and shallot in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Pour radish mixture in mixing bowl and combine with remaining ingredients, mix until evenly combined. Taste and season with more salt and pepper as needed. Enjoy!
Chef Arica Davis is owner/operator of Yummy Fixins, Personal Chef Services and Pasta Parties. Visit http://www.yummyfixins.com to book your next dinner party.
Trending In: The Arts
- What to know about acclimating to Lake Tahoe’s higher elevations
- What’s the dominant pine tree at Lake Tahoe? You might be surprised
- Date night: Romantic hot spots around Lake Tahoe-Truckee
- Tahoe health seekers: The history behind region’s oldest hot springs resorts
- Girl Scout Cookies in the Reno-Tahoe area are getting a healthy makeover
- Update: Truckee police actively working case involving suspect with a firearm in Glenshire area
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe