Tahoe recipe: Creamy radish dip perfect for variety of veggies
August 9, 2016
I love radishes — tasty in salads or on a veggie platter with hummus. While not everyone loves radishes, I have a feeling this dip will change your mind.
Red radishes can be spicy, but when mixed with sour cream, their spice really calms down. Serve this dip with chips or a variety of veggies like cucumbers, carrots and sweet peppers. It will keep in the fridge for a few days, making it an easy make-ahead dish.
CREAMY RADISH DIP
Makes 2 cups
8-10 radishes (about 2 cups), washed and trimmed
Recommended Stories For You
1 garlic clove, peeled
1 small shallot, peeled
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Place radishes, garlic and shallot in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Pour radish mixture in mixing bowl and combine with remaining ingredients, mix until evenly combined. Taste and season with more salt and pepper as needed. Enjoy!
Chef Arica Davis is owner/operator of Yummy Fixins, Personal Chef Services and Pasta Parties. Visit http://www.yummyfixins.com to book your next dinner party.
Trending In: The Arts
- What to know about acclimating to Lake Tahoe’s higher elevations
- What’s the dominant pine tree at Lake Tahoe? You might be surprised
- Tahoe Top Five: Christy Hill’s Coq Au Vin recipe a flavorful favorite
- The magic of mushrooms at Lake Tahoe | Toree’s Stories
- Beaver population thriving at Lake Tahoe thanks to local volunteers
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Proposed ice pavilion plans continue to solidify
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- Finishing strong: Bellon surpasses 3K career passing yards; Wolverines close regular season with Sierra Bowl