Tickets available for 27th annual Truckee Garden Tour
July 14, 2015
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Lake of the Sky Garden Club will host its 27th annual garden tour, the Truckee Garden Tour, on Saturday, July 25, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Attendees can view eight gardens, as well as landscaping at the Truckee Community Recreation Center, where light refreshments will be served.
Tickets are $25 and may be purchased at local Tahoe/Truckee nurseries. Alternately, you can by them by contacting Judy Carter at 916-837-3432 or email@example.com.
Supplies are limited and may not be available on tour day, so be sure to get your tickets early.
Lake of the Sky Garden Club is a nonprofit organization and member of National Garden Clubs, Inc., and California Garden Clubs, Inc., Golden Foothills District.
The club's goals are to promote an interest in gardening, with particular emphasis on the problems at high altitude, to support charitable, educational, and scientific work, as well as to initiate and participate in beautification and developmental gardening projects in the North Tahoe region.
Recommended Stories For You
Each year, proceeds from this tour fund scholarships to local students to encourage study in landscaping, horticulture, forestry or environmental science.
Also, grants are provided to local community projects such as Thunderbird Lodge, Gatekeeper's Museum, Watson Cabin, as well as local schools and libraries.
Visit http://www.lake-of-the-sky.org for information about the club and tickets for this year's tour.
Trending In: The Arts
- What to know about acclimating to Lake Tahoe’s higher elevations
- What’s the dominant pine tree at Lake Tahoe? You might be surprised
- Girl Scout Cookies in the Reno-Tahoe area are getting a healthy makeover
- Date night: Romantic hot spots around Lake Tahoe-Truckee
- Taste of Tahoe: Healthy Now recipe — teriyaki pineapple pork tenderloin
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Update: Truckee police clear scene in Glenshire area, shelter in place order lifted
- (VIDEO) Winter storm expected to deliver several feet of snow to local ski resorts; up to 2 feet in Truckee, Tahoe