Toccata’s St. Matthew performances returning to Lake Tahoe
April 7, 2017
The Toccata-Tahoe Symphony Orchestra and Chorus will soon present its 12th annual presentation of J.S. Bach's masterpiece "The Passion According to St. Matthew."
In observation of Holy Week, the text of "The Passion" follows the Gospel According to Matthew. The program, sung in English, covers Jesus' arrest in the Garden of Gethsemane to his placement in the tomb.
Maestro James Rawie conducts all performances. A dress rehearsal, with no admission charge to the public, will be performed on Saturday, April 8, at 2 p.m. at Shepherd of the Sierra in Carson City.
The first concert of the three concert series will take place on Palm Sunday, April 9, at 3:30 p.m. at St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church in Reno.
The Passion will be repeated on Tuesday, April 11, at 7 p.m. at St Theresa Catholic Church in South Lake Tahoe, and the final concert will be on Good Friday, April 14, at 7 p.m. at St. Patrick's Episcopal Church in Incline Village. A slide show accompanies the program at the Good Friday concert.
Tickets are available at the door or online at http://www.ToccataTahoe.com. General admission is $25 for adults, $20 for seniors, and $5 for students aged 19 to 23 with valid ID. Preferred seating is $35 and $15 for youth/students. Youth under 19 years of age are admitted free, in non-reserved seating.
Recommended Stories For You
This article was provided by the nonprofit Toccata. Visit http://www.ToccataTahoe.com to learn more.
Trending In: The Arts
- What to know about acclimating to Lake Tahoe’s higher elevations
- What’s the dominant pine tree at Lake Tahoe? You might be surprised
- Tahoe Top Five: Christy Hill’s Coq Au Vin recipe a flavorful favorite
- The magic of mushrooms at Lake Tahoe | Toree’s Stories
- Beaver population thriving at Lake Tahoe thanks to local volunteers
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Finishing strong: Bellon surpasses 3K career passing yards; Wolverines close regular season with Sierra Bowl