Wine and art weekend, all in the name of Tahoe’s ecosystem
June 26, 2015
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Looking for an opportunity to sip a trio of tasty wines and viewing some terrific Truckee art — and raise money for a local nonprofit at the same time?
For the third consecutive summer, the Bolam Gallery in Truckee is hosting a wine-tasting fundraiser for the Tahoe Institute for Natural Science this Sunday.
Appetizers will be served along with the wine tasting. Previous tastings took place in Incline Village, but this year's will be at the Truckee gallery at 10396 Donner Pass Road, from 4-7 p.m.
Matthew Lewis of Wine Centric, a certified sommelier and specialist of wine, will lead the tasting. For two and half decades, Matthew has shared his love of wine that is grounded in wine's connection to place, the season, and those involved in crafting it.
The focus of this year's tasting is on three California wines: Lumen Chardonnay 2013, Red Car Bybee Vineyards Rosé of Pinot Noir 2014, and Head High Pinot Noir 2013.
Andrew Bolam and Annie Hooker, owners of the Bolam Gallery, are donating raffle prizes for the event. The grand prize 30" x 30" painting by Andrew Bolam, valued at $3,000.
Recommended Stories For You
The Bolams are also generously offering 10 percent of proceeds from art sales to support TINS, both during the event and for the month following (until July 31) for any event attendee.
Tickets are $50 in advance and $60 at the door; each includes one raffle ticket. Additional raffle tickets may be purchased for $20 or six for $100.
Further, all of the wine will be available for purchase, and a generous donor will match all proceeds from wine sales and donations at the event,.
TINS is a member-supported nonprofit dedicated to the advancement of natural history, conservation, and ecosystem knowledge of the Tahoe region through science, education, and outreach. Visit tinsweb.org for information.
Visit thebolamgallery.com to learn more about the Bolam Gallery.
Trending In: The Arts
- What to know about acclimating to Lake Tahoe’s higher elevations
- What’s the dominant pine tree at Lake Tahoe? You might be surprised
- Try these 5 wonderful wildflower hikes at Lake Tahoe-Truckee
- Sierra sex siren: At Donner Pass sits Lola Montez Lake, named for one of history’s most provocative women
- Burlesque meets rock ’n’ roll in South Shore
- UPDATE: Body found in Truckee River near Hwy 267 bypass bridge
- Truckee-Tahoe resort community to add 16 new luxury homes in Old Greenwood
- A longer Legacy: Truckee council looks to expand trail
- Street repaving to begin in coming weeks
- VIDEO: Alpine coaster debuts at Tahoe’s Heavenly summer adventure park