Your 4-step Survival Guide to the Downtown Truckee Wine, Walk & Shop
September 29, 2016
TRUCKEE, Calif. — For more than 13 years, the Downtown Truckee Wine, Walk & Shop has been attracting visitors from near and far.
And for good reason — who doesn't want to enjoy an afternoon sipping premium label wines, tasting gourmet bites and shopping in the crisp fall weather in Historic Downtown Truckee?
The Downtown Truckee Wine Walk & Shop, benefiting Tahoe Food Hub and Big Brothers Big Sisters of North Lake Tahoe and Nevada County, returns Saturday, Oct. 1, from noon to 4 p.m. Tickets can be purchased in advance for $40 or day of for $45.
For those experiencing the event for the first time here are some tips to make the most of your day.
1. Plan Your Route
Four hours may seem like plenty of time to peruse downtown but you will be surprised by how many friendly faces there are to chat with, unique finds to shop for and wines to try.
Recommended Stories For You
Make sure to take a minute after check-in to look at the map and make note of any wine, food or stores you want to see.
2. Don't Skip Lunch
Admission to the event includes five food tickets that can be exchanged for food samples at various locations.
The food can range from a savory gourmet bite to a more substantial item. Make sure to stop by your favorites early in the event; food has been known to run out.
3. Savor and Sip
Some wineries bring one or two varietals, some may bring five or more so there can be more than 90 different wines to try with no limit on tastings.
Need help remembering that incredible Malbec or crisp Sauv Blanc? Ask the wine representative for a cork so your favorite wine shop knows what you're looking for.
4. Plan Your Ride
Whatever you do, don't drink and drive. The event contracts with High Sierra Taxi, which gives attendees free rides within town limits during the event.
Tickets for Saturday's event can be purchased at TruckeeWineWalk.com. For information, contact Jen Eastwood or Nicole Carlsen at TruckeeWineWalk@gmail.com.
This article was provided on behalf of the Downtown Truckee Wine, Walk & Shop. Visit TruckeeWineWalk.com to learn more.
Trending In: The Arts
- What to know about acclimating to Lake Tahoe’s higher elevations
- What’s the dominant pine tree at Lake Tahoe? You might be surprised
- Girl Scout Cookies in the Reno-Tahoe area are getting a healthy makeover
- Date night: Romantic hot spots around Lake Tahoe-Truckee
- Taste of Tahoe: Healthy Now recipe — teriyaki pineapple pork tenderloin
- (VIDEO) Winter storm expected to deliver several feet of snow to local ski resorts; up to 2 feet in Truckee, Tahoe
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million
- Update: Truckee police clear scene in Glenshire area, shelter in place order lifted
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80