Your Tahoe Weekend
May 25, 2017
Below are the Sierra Sun's picks for the Top 10 events to check out this weekend at Truckee and Lake Tahoe.
Have an event you want considered for a future Your Tahoe Weekend calendar? Email Reporter Cassandra Walker at email@example.com.
1. Opening Day at the Championship Course
Kick off golf season at Incline Village's Championship Course on Friday, including cart restrictions.
When: Friday, May 26 | 9 a.m.
Where: The Golf Courses at Incline Village
Recommended Stories For You
2. Family Fun Fridays
Enjoy a play-based class focused on sensory activities designed to encourage kids to explore and discover their own artwork.
When: Friday, May 26 | 11 a.m.
Where: KidZone Museum
Cost: Free with admission fee
3. Opening Day at the Lake
The Tahoe City Downtown Association is hosting an array of activities all weekend long in celebration of the official start to Tahoe's summer season.
When: Friday, May 26 – Monday, May 29
Where: Opening celebrations hosted around the lake
4. Made in Tahoe Festival
Head to Squaw Valley this weekend and celebrate all-things Tahoe, including local food, music and over 100 vendor booths.
When: Saturday, May 27 – Sunday, May 28 | 11 a.m.
Where: Squaw Valley
5. The Little Big Bike Festival
This fundraiser for the Truckee Bike Park features a ladies' bike skills clinic, dual slalom race as well as kids pumptrack strider jams, jump jams for men and women, and more.
When: Saturday, May 27 – Sunday, May 28
Where: Truckee Bike Park
Cost: Clinic and race registration costs vary
6. Drop-In Card Making
Learn to make your own cards or be inspired by new style and technique in card making with Carole Sesko.
When: Saturday, May 27 & Sunday, May 28 | 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Where: Atelier Truckee
7. Truckee Home Show
The Truckee Home Show will feature a workshop with speakers discussing tiny homes and how to build them.
When: Saturday, May 27 & Sunday, May 28 | 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Where: Truckee High School
Cost: $6 admission benefits local schools
8. The Cushing Crossing
Squaw Valley will host their much-anticipated annual event inviting participants to perform their best attempt at skimming the pond.
When: Sunday, May 28 | 1 – 4 p.m.
Where: Squaw Valley
Cost: Free event with ticket
9. Arts & Crafts Show
Head to South Lake for an outdoor show featuring several vendors of pottery, jewelry, sculpture, prints, paintings, photography, woodwork and more.
When: Friday, May 26 – Sunday, May 28 | 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Where: Artist to You
10. Champagne Brunch
Manzanita restaurant in the Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe will host a champagne brunch on Sunday featuring several stations of breakfast, lunch and dessert favorites.
When: Sunday, May 28 | 11:30 a.m.
Where: Manzanita, The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe
Cost: Adults: $69; Kids 6-12: $19
Cassandra Walker is a features and entertainment reporter for the Sierra Sun. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, 530-550-2654 or @snow1cass.
Trending In: The Arts
- What to know about acclimating to Lake Tahoe’s higher elevations
- What’s the dominant pine tree at Lake Tahoe? You might be surprised
- Tahoe Top Five: Christy Hill’s Coq Au Vin recipe a flavorful favorite
- The magic of mushrooms at Lake Tahoe | Toree’s Stories
- Beaver population thriving at Lake Tahoe thanks to local volunteers
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Now boarding: 5 candidates vie for Truckee Tahoe Airport Board (VIDEO)
- Two arrested at Truckee Rite Aid on burglary, drug charges