Your Tahoe Weekend: Art and fine dining in the great outdoors
August 17, 2017
Below are the Sierra Sun's picks for the Top 10 events to check out this weekend at Truckee and Lake Tahoe.
Have an event you want considered for a future Your Tahoe Weekend calendar? Email Reporter Cassandra Walker at email@example.com.
1. Tahoe City Fine Arts and Crafts Festival
Check out work of more than 30 artists in collectible arts in a variety of media including paintings, ceramics, jewelry, woodwork, photography, and much more.
Where: Boatworks Marina Green, Tahoe City
When: Friday, Aug. 18 – Sunday, Aug. 20
Recommended Stories For You
2. Tahoe Public Art Trail
Six new environmental art installation sites will be unveiled around the lake in 2018 through Tahoe Public Art's newest campaign. Head to Mourelatos to appreciate the premiere installation, "Future's Past" by Kate Raudenbush, a laser cut, steel sculpture standing 23 feet tall.
Where: Mourelatos Lakeshore Resort, Tahoe Vista
When: Showing through Oct. 1
3. Bob Anderson Memorial Hike
Hike in fond memory of environmental steward and Tahoe Institute of Natural Science board member Bob Anderson in the Carson Pass area.
Where: Woods Lake to Round Top to Winnemucca Lake and return
When: Saturday, Aug. 19 | 8:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Cost: Free | contact Will Richardson, firstname.lastname@example.org for more.
4. Her Mountain
The Specialized Bike Academy will host two days of female-only bike riding during Her Mountain including yoga, camaraderie, and a wine mixer.
Where: Northstar California Resort
When: Saturday, Aug. 19 – Sunday, Aug. 20 | 8 a.m.
5. Truth Cartel at Alibi Ale Works
Sip and savor craft brews and gourmet nachos while enjoying the reggae duo, Truth Cartel, live from Alibi Ale Works' public house in downtown Truckee.
Where: Alibi Ale Works, Truckee
When: Saturday, Aug. 19 | 8 p.m.
Cost: Free music
6. Broadway at the Park 2017
Truckee Community Theater's "Shining Sierra Stars" brings your favorite show tunes to life from the Truckee River Regional Park Amphitheater this weekend, complete with refreshments like crepes and wine.
Where: Truckee River Regional Park Amphitheater
When: Saturday, Aug. 19 | 7 p.m.
Cost: Kids 5-17: $12, Adults 18-25 & Seniors 62+: $18, Adults: $22
7. Wooden Boat Challenge
Arts for the Schools' 2nd annual festival features local artisanal vendors, food and drink (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), kids activities, live music and teams racing handmade wooden boats.
Where: West End Beach, Donner Lake
When: Sunday, Aug. 20 | 11 a.m.
8. Sunday Picnic Day at the Brewery
South Lake Brewing Company is hosting Picnic Day from their tasting room, including 15 percent off your tab all day when you bring a picnic lunch or dinner.
Where: South Lake Brewing Company
When: Sunday, Aug. 20 | 11 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Cost: Free event
9. Mumbo Gumbo, Concerts at Commons Beach
Tahoe City's Commons Beach brings live entertainment each week, free for locals and visitors to enjoy with friends and family. This week features rootsy, mixed-up dance music from Mumbo Gumbo.
Where: Commons Beach, Tahoe City
When: Sunday, Aug. 20 | 4-7 p.m.
10. Pitchfork & the Pan
Tahoe Food Hub is hosting three elegant dining evenings, bringing farmers and chefs together so guests experience a true farm-to-fork meal. This Sunday's dinner will feature Foothill Roots Farm, rancher Elepahant Rock Farm and chef Scott Yorkey, formerly of Jake's on the Lake.
Where: Sagehen Creek Field Station, North Truckee
When: Sunday, Aug. 20 | 5:30-8 p.m.
Cassandra Walker is a features and entertainment reporter for the Sierra Sun. She can be reached at email@example.com, 530-550-2654 or @snow1cass.
Trending In: The Arts
- What to know about acclimating to Lake Tahoe’s higher elevations
- Burlesque meets rock ’n’ roll in South Shore
- What’s the dominant pine tree at Lake Tahoe? You might be surprised
- Girl Scout Cookies in the Reno-Tahoe area are getting a healthy makeover
- Date night: Romantic hot spots around Lake Tahoe-Truckee
- Interstate 80 traffic backed up for miles because of snowstorm, road conditions
- California tax law woes mean Northern Nevada luxury spending is on the rise
- Truckee Planning Commission to review Grocery Outlet modification plan
- Update: Chain restrictions have been lifted for vehicles on I-80; trucks must carry chains
- Update: Chains required on I-80 from Nyack Road to the Nevada state line; westbound vehicles being turned at Donner Lake Interchange, Truckee due to spinouts