Your Tahoe Weekend: Plenty of outdoor music around North Lake Tahoe
August 31, 2017
Below are the Sierra Sun's picks for the Top 10 events to check out this weekend at Truckee and Lake Tahoe.
Have an event you want considered for a future Your Tahoe Weekend calendar? Email Reporter Cassandra Walker at.
1. Stand-Up Paddleboard Yoga
Take your yoga practice to the lake during stand-up paddleboard yoga with Well Being Tahoe, led by certified instructor and yoga teacher, Eileen Allen.
Where: Well Being Tahoe | 8571 North Lake Boulevard, Kings Beach
When: Friday, Sept. 1 | 8:30-10 a.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Cost: $25 – $35
2. Music on the Beach
Head to Kings Beach State Recreation area for food trucks, beverages, and the last concert of the North Tahoe Business Association's series featuring The Wrinkle.
Where: Kinds Beach Stat Recreation Area
When: Friday, Sept. 1 | 6-8:30 p.m.
Cost: Free show
3. Labor Day Tent Sale Extravaganza
Shop sales on both winter and summer inventory at Tahoe Sports Hub, even 2018 ski gear! Deals are to be had all day long.
Where: Tahoe Sports Hub | 10095 West River St., Truckee
When: Friday, Sept. 1 | 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Cost: Sales up to 70 percent off
4. 28th annual Foam Fest
Sip your way through unlimited tastings from over 40 craft breweries as you jam out to Ozomatli from the Village at Squaw Valley to support Achieve Tahoe.
Where: Squaw Valley | 1750 Village East Road, Olympic Valley
When: Saturday, Sept. 2 | 2-6 p.m.
Cost: $30 in advance, $40 day of
5. Sidewalk Saturdays
The second Saturday of the month brings shopping, dining specials, and entertainment for locals and visitors to Tahoe City.
Where: Downtown Tahoe City
When: Saturday, Sept. 2 | Noon
6. Holidae House
Catch an upbeat show featuring Holidae House that will have you dancing from the Hard Rock Casino Lake Tahoe.
Where: Hard Rock Hotel & Casino | 50 U.S. Highway 50, Stateline, Nev.
When: Saturday, Sept. 2 | 9:30 p.m.
7. 29th annual Alpen Wine Fest
Enjoy wine tasting, live music and a silent auction and raffle, while also donating to Can Do MS foundation providing wellness and education for people with Multiple Sclerosis.
Where: Squaw Valley Village | 1750 Village East Road, Olympic Valley
When: Sunday, Sept. 3 | 2-5 p.m.
8. Gar Woods 5th annual Fireworks Spectacular
Enjoy a fireworks display in honor of Labor Day from beautiful Gar Woods Grill & Pier during Labor Day weekend.
Where: Gar Woods Grill & Pier | 5000 North Lake Blvd., Carnelian Bay
When: Sunday, Sept. 3 | 8:30 p.m.
Cost: Free show
9. Printing Basics Class
Learn printing fundamentals with Atelier's experts at The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe. Create stamp blocks, and start printmaking on your own.
Where: The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe | 10128 Donner Pass Road, Truckee
When: Sunday, Sept. 3 | 2 p.m.
10. Concerts at Commons Beach
Enjoy the final concert of the series on Sunday, Sept. 3, as opener Trey Stone and headliner Joy and Madness bring their funk and soul sounds to Commons Beach.
Where: Commons Beach | 100 North Lake Blvd., Tahoe City
When: Sunday, Sept. 3 | 3-7 p.m.
Cost: Free show
Cassandra Walker is a features and entertainment reporter for the Sierra Sun. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, 530-550-2654 or @snow1cass.
Trending In: The Arts
- What to know about acclimating to Lake Tahoe’s higher elevations
- What’s the dominant pine tree at Lake Tahoe? You might be surprised
- Date night: Romantic hot spots around Lake Tahoe-Truckee
- Beaver population thriving at Lake Tahoe thanks to local volunteers
- The magic of mushrooms at Lake Tahoe | Toree’s Stories
- Truckee Town Council approves Grocery Outlet
- Truckee Town Council race still too close to call
- Kurt Reinkens: Affordable living with Grocery Outlet unlocks affordable housing
- Updated results still shows close race for Truckee Town Council
- ELECTION: Hetherington, Jones battle for second airport board seat