Your Tahoe Weekend: Top ten events you can’t miss
April 6, 2017
Below are the Sierra Sun's picks for the Top 10 events to check out this weekend at Truckee and Lake Tahoe.
Have an event you want considered for a future Your Tahoe Weekend calendar? Email Reporter Cassandra Walker at email@example.com.
1. Annual Repertory Season at Tahoe Art Haus
Lake Tahoe Dance Collective opens its 2017 season with an evening celebrating a range of dance styles and pieces.
When: Friday, April 7 – Sunday, April 9
Where: Tahoe Art Haus
Recommended Stories For You
Cost: Student & Senior: $20, Adult: $25
2. Frankie Boots & the Country Line
Enjoy delicious food and drink with a show as Frankie Boots & the Country Line entertain guests at Moody's Bistro.
When: Friday, April 7 | 8:30p.m.
Where: Moody's Bistro Bar & Beats
Cost: Free music
3. Spring Themed Dress-Up Weekends
This weekend kicks-off Squaw's spring weekend celebrations; ski and ride in your best onesie and enjoy live music and drink specials to celebrate the final months of this season.
When: Saturday, April 8 – Sunday, April 9
Where: Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows
4. Spring It On! CANtina: A Canned Craft Beer Tasting
Taste 10 select IPAs, lagers and more at Big Springs Lodge at Northstar California Resort in celebration of spring skiing.
When: Saturday, April 8 | 1-3:30p.m.
Where: Northstar California Resort
Cost: $30 + tax/fees
5. Night Out at Rideout!
Parents get free time when they drop their kids age 5 and up with staff at Rideout for fun activities including crafts, games and movies.
When: Saturday, April 8 | 4-10p.m.
Where: Rideout Community Center
Cost: $15 per child
6. Soul Scratch
Get your groove on with L.A.-based soul act Soul Scratch; bringing their funky tunes to the Crystal Bay Casino this Saturday.
When: Saturday, April 8 | 10p.m.
Where: Crystal Bay Club Casino Red Room
Don't miss this high-energy, electronic show blending soulful rock and blues with dance music.
When: Saturday, April 8 | 8p.m.
Where: MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa
Cost: $25 + tax/fees
8. Red Neck Fusion
Enjoy a barbecue in the Village at Sugar Bowl, Jack Daniels and a blind beer grab as you dance to southern rock tunes from The Jonathan Hennion Band.
When: Saturday, April 8 | 1 – 4p.m.
Where: Sugar Bowl Resort
Cost: Free entertainment, refreshment & lift tickets extra
9. Easter Cookie Decorating
Atelier and Restaurant Trokay will partner to teach guests to hand make their own batch of cookies in an Easter-themed tin to take home.
When: Sunday, April 9 | 1 – 2:30p.m.
10. Truckee-Donner Recreation & Park District Rope Climb
Join in on some family-fun during the Rope Climb event including a timed brick retrieval at 10 feet and raffle prizes.
When: Sunday, April 9
Where: Truckee-Donner Recreation & Park District
Cost: Early Bird Registration: $2, Day-of: $5, Free for spectators 3 – 6p.m.
Cassandra Walker is a features and entertainment reporter for the Sierra Sun. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, 530-550-2654 or @snow1cass.
Trending In: The Arts
- What to know about acclimating to Lake Tahoe’s higher elevations
- What’s the dominant pine tree at Lake Tahoe? You might be surprised
- Beaver population thriving at Lake Tahoe thanks to local volunteers
- Expert shares tips on how to keep up with winter plants (video)
- Tahoe Donner artist a bold impressionist
- Two arrested at Truckee Rite Aid on burglary, drug charges
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- William Mardison: Police officers’ association announces Truckee council endorsements
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: North Tahoe Public Utility District (VIDEO)