Top 10 picks for ‘Your Tahoe Weekend’
March 2, 2018
Below are the Truckee Sun's picks for the Top 10 events to check out this weekend in the Tahoe area.
Have an event you want considered for a future Your Tahoe Weekend calendar? Email Managing Editor Wyatt Haupt Jr. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Friday Night Tubing
Tube under the lights at Tahoe Donner Snowplay until 6:30 p.m. for night sledding. Conditions permitting.
Where: Tahoe Donner | 11509 Northwoods Blvd., Truckee
When: Friday, March 2 | 4:30 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
2. Indian Holi Festival Pop up Dinner
Chef Alex Downing creates a vibrant and exotic menu to celebrate the Holi Festival.
Where: Cedar House Sport Hotel | 10918 Brockway Road, Truckee
When: Saturday, March 3 | 6 p.m.
Cost: $97 per person + tax and fees. Pre-registration required.
3. Movie Night
Children and adults are invited to bring a favorite pillow and blanket to Northwoods Clubhouse and enjoy a movie.
Where: Pizza on the Hill | 11509 Northwoods Blvd., Truckee
When: Friday, March 2 | 6:30 p.m.
4. Open Mic Night
All levels welcome — singers, actors, poets, and more!
Where: Art Truckee | 10072 Donner Pass Road, Second Floor, Truckee
When: Friday, March 2 | 7 p.m.
5. Professor Colombo Music Performance
Live music by Professor Colombo
Where: Moody's Bistro, Bar & Beats | 10007 Bridge St., Truckee
When: Friday, March 2 | 8:30 – 11:30 p.m.
Cost: No cover
6. Cocktail Bingo Truckee Downtown Merchants Association
Locals and visitors are invited to celebrate "Old Man Winter in Truckee Style."
Where: Truckee Downtown Merchants Association | 10065 Donner Pass Road, Truckee
When: Saturday, March 3 | 6 p.m.
Cost: $30 per person; includes three bingo cards
7. Botannical Painting + Drawing with Ink
Art in the Moment is a mindfulness and art series taught by Jessica Abbott Williams, a Berkeley-based artist and owner of Brushstrokes, a community art space and ceramics studio in Berkeley.
Where: Atelier | 10128 Donner Pass Road, Truckee
When: Saturday, March 3| 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Cost: See website for details
8. Full Moon Snowshoe Tour
State park interpreters will be leading Full Moon Snowshoe Tours around the Hellman-Ehrman estate and Lake Tahoe shoreline in Sugar Point State Park.
Where: Sugar Pine State Park | 7595 Highway 89, Tahoma
When: Saturday, March 3 | 7 p.m.
Cost: $30 for adults; 15 for children under 12
9. Intro to Backcountry Class with NASTC
Review use of backcountry gear, practice beacon use and burial, discuss route finding selection, then enjoy a tour up and a great ski down.
Where: Tahoe Donner Cross-Country Ski Area | 15275 Alder Creek Road, Truckee
When: Sunday, March 4 | 9 a.m.
Cost: Check website for details
10. Her Mountain Lesson
Join other like-minded women with a ski lesson designed by Her for Her.
Where: Northstar California Resort | 5001 Northstar Drive, Truckee
When: Sunday, March 4 | 8 a.m.
Managing Editor Wyatt Haupt Jr. can be reached at 530-550-2652 or via email at email@example.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Wine Ink: After the burn with wine legend Dan Kosta
- Best Food & Beverage – 2017 Best of North Lake Tahoe and Truckee
- Vote for Best Of North Lake Tahoe & Truckee
- 10 things to do in Truckee this weekend: Beer and German food; Dog races; Snowshoe tours
- Birders, don’t despair: Winter birds are here at Lake Tahoe
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Now boarding: 5 candidates vie for Truckee Tahoe Airport Board (VIDEO)
- Two arrested at Truckee Rite Aid on burglary, drug charges