Haunted tours in downtown Truckee offer history and ghost tales (video)
October 31, 2017
The Historical Haunted Tour in downtown Truckee began at Moody’s and led people on a guided ghost tour through some of the town’s oldest buildings. The sold-out event took place on Thursday, Oct. 19, and Friday, Oct. 20.
“This is the Richardson House, built in 1887 by Warren Richardson. They (the Richardson brothers) became famous for their peculiar feats of ingenuity,” our tour guide said. “Today, patrons of this establishment say that the ghost of Maggie Richardson roams the halls in search of her son, who may have succumbed to the Spanish flu of 1918.”
Video courtesy of Cayman Levonian
The Richardson House is one of six stops along the tour. Each location includes actors who depict a historical event from Truckee’s past. The stops aren’t all gore and ghosts, though. There’s plenty of humor sprinkled in.
Recommended Stories For You
Emily Kaiser / Sierra Sun
Besides being an educational experience, the tour is a fundraiser for Trails and Vistas, an annual art hike for third-grade children.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Vote for Best Of North Lake Tahoe & Truckee
- And the winners are: Results of 33rd annual Lake Tahoe Autumn Food & Wine Festival released
- 26th annual Donner Party Hike: Spectacular Sierra Nevada scenery combined with fascinating history
- Birders, don’t despair: Winter birds are here at Lake Tahoe
- Eric Burdon & The Animals to perform at Harrah’s Lake Tahoe