Haunted tours in downtown Truckee offer history and ghost tales (video)
October 31, 2017
The Historical Haunted Tour in downtown Truckee began at Moody’s and led people on a guided ghost tour through some of the town’s oldest buildings. The sold-out event took place on Thursday, Oct. 19, and Friday, Oct. 20.
“This is the Richardson House, built in 1887 by Warren Richardson. They (the Richardson brothers) became famous for their peculiar feats of ingenuity,” our tour guide said. “Today, patrons of this establishment say that the ghost of Maggie Richardson roams the halls in search of her son, who may have succumbed to the Spanish flu of 1918.”
Video courtesy of Cayman Levonian
The Richardson House is one of six stops along the tour. Each location includes actors who depict a historical event from Truckee’s past. The stops aren’t all gore and ghosts, though. There’s plenty of humor sprinkled in.
Recommended Stories For You
Emily Kaiser / Sierra Sun
Besides being an educational experience, the tour is a fundraiser for Trails and Vistas, an annual art hike for third-grade children.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Slightly Stoopid added to 2018 Lake Tahoe Summer Concert Series
- Theory of a Deadman rocks Harrah’s Lake Tahoe
- The Roundhouse teaches locals and visitors new skills in their fully equipped makerspace located at Truckee Tahoe Airport
- V&T Railroad Polar Express takes passengers on a journey to the North Pole (video)
- Tahoe Top 5: Lake Tahoe and Reno resorts offer special Valentine’s Day menus
- Truckee Planning Commission approves proposal to build a Grocery Outlet
- California tax law woes mean Northern Nevada luxury spending is on the rise
- Interstate 80 traffic backed up for miles because of snowstorm, road conditions
- Snowstorm delivers for Truckee area ski resorts
- Truckee Planning Commission to review Grocery Outlet modification plan