Truckee’s FiftyFifty Brewery takes international gold
November 14, 2013
Truckee's own homegrown brewery, FiftyFifty Brewing Co, recently took home top honors at one of the world's most prestigious beer competitions.
The 2013 European Beer Star Awards awarded the Gold Medal in the Ultra Strong Beer category to Iced BART from FiftyFifty.
The Truckee brewery was also honored with the Bronze Medal for its Totality Imperial Stout "Masterpiece" in the Imperial Stout category.
The European Beer Star is one of the most recognized beer competitions in the world, committed to the traditional European art of brewing.
The competition evaluates beers on the basis of purely sensory criteria.
Judging was done by an international expert panel at the Doemens Brewing Academy in Gräfelfing near Munich, Germany, with more than 100 beer and brewery experts from all over the globe.
Recommended Stories For You
This year's awards were in Munich in conjunction with Drinktec, a trade show that happens only once every four years.
"We are really proud our hard work has been recognized. It is Europe's largest beer competition, so this is truly a big honor," said brewer Alyssa Shook.
The 2013 varieties of the company's barrel-aged Totality Imperial Stout, "Eclipse," will be released to the public on Friday, Dec. 6.
"We have a very interesting barrel selection this year with significant barrel variation," said FiftyFifty co-founder Andy Barr. "This year's release will involve some of the best work we've done."
To contact FiftyFifty, call Alicia Barr at 530-587-BEER or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Wine Ink: After the burn with wine legend Dan Kosta
- Vote for Best Of North Lake Tahoe & Truckee
- And the winners are: Results of 33rd annual Lake Tahoe Autumn Food & Wine Festival released
- Birders, don’t despair: Winter birds are here at Lake Tahoe
- 10 things to do in Truckee this weekend: Beer and German food; Dog races; Snowshoe tours
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- Proposed ice pavilion plans continue to solidify
- Finishing strong: Bellon surpasses 3K career passing yards; Wolverines close regular season with Sierra Bowl