Wine among the pines: Sierra Vintner’s Wine Trail showcases Nevada County wineries
July 18, 2017
Wine enthusiasts were able to tour some of the area’s most beautiful wineries while tasting some of their award winning creations during Saturday’s Sierra Vintner’s Wine Trail.
This was the second of three winery tours for 2017, with each tour highlighting some of the 25 other Sierra Vintner’s wineries.
Folks had their choice of nine total wineries on the tour including Bear River Winery, Bonitata Boutique Winery, Fawnridge Winery, Lone Buffalo, Vineyards, Mt. Vernon Vineyard and Winery, Naggiar Vineyards, Sierra Knolls Winery and Vina Castellano Winery.
Each location poured from their selections and many featured live music and food.
Vina Castellano’s ‘cave’ tasting room compliment’s the rustic charm of their Spanish heritage wine, while Fawnridge Winery’s full band and fresh art kept folks entertained while owners Stewart and Stephanie Perry kept the wine pouring.
The next and final Wine Trail of 2017 is scheduled for Sept. 23.
Recommended Stories For You
For more information visit, http://www.sierravintners.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Wine Ink: After the burn with wine legend Dan Kosta
- Birders, don’t despair: Winter birds are here at Lake Tahoe
- Vote for Best Of North Lake Tahoe & Truckee
- And the winners are: Results of 33rd annual Lake Tahoe Autumn Food & Wine Festival released
- 10 things to do in Truckee this weekend: Beer and German food; Dog races; Snowshoe tours
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Proposed ice pavilion plans continue to solidify
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- Finishing strong: Bellon surpasses 3K career passing yards; Wolverines close regular season with Sierra Bowl