Your Tahoe weekend: First day of summer? Tahoe’s got you covered
June 22, 2015
TAHOE-TRUCKEE, Calif. — Sunday is the first day of summer. So whether you're dancing near the beach or fluttering through the Sierra wilderness, there's plenty of entertainment and recreation on tap this weekend to kick summer off in style.
How about a hike: With well over 100 distinct species, Donner Summit boasts enough diversity that the region ranks as one of the richest butterfly faunas documented in North America north of Mexico.
Or, some music: The Kings Beach and Tahoe City outdoor beach music series kick off this weekend, on Friday and Sunday, respectively.
Maybe a mountain fest: Guided trail runs, stand-up paddleboard clinics and daily yoga sessions are all part of this summer's Alpenglow Mountain Festival.
Or, a wine-filled walk: Back for a 10th wonderful year, the Tahoe City Wine Walk winds you through restaurants, spirits, businesses and more in downtown Tahoe City.
And, of course, for the dads: Perhaps there's a reason the longest day of the year is Sunday, Father's Day. Get the day started right with this pops-themed breakfast recipe.
Recommended Stories For You
Looking for more fun and exciting things to do? Check out our Entertainment page here on SierraSun.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Vote for Best Of North Lake Tahoe & Truckee
- Wine Ink: After the burn with wine legend Dan Kosta
- 26th annual Donner Party Hike: Spectacular Sierra Nevada scenery combined with fascinating history
- And the winners are: Results of 33rd annual Lake Tahoe Autumn Food & Wine Festival released
- 10 things to do in Truckee this weekend: Beer and German food; Dog races; Snowshoe tours