Your Tahoe weekend: First day of summer? Tahoe’s got you covered
June 22, 2015
TAHOE-TRUCKEE, Calif. — Sunday is the first day of summer. So whether you're dancing near the beach or fluttering through the Sierra wilderness, there's plenty of entertainment and recreation on tap this weekend to kick summer off in style.
How about a hike: With well over 100 distinct species, Donner Summit boasts enough diversity that the region ranks as one of the richest butterfly faunas documented in North America north of Mexico.
Or, some music: The Kings Beach and Tahoe City outdoor beach music series kick off this weekend, on Friday and Sunday, respectively.
Maybe a mountain fest: Guided trail runs, stand-up paddleboard clinics and daily yoga sessions are all part of this summer's Alpenglow Mountain Festival.
Or, a wine-filled walk: Back for a 10th wonderful year, the Tahoe City Wine Walk winds you through restaurants, spirits, businesses and more in downtown Tahoe City.
And, of course, for the dads: Perhaps there's a reason the longest day of the year is Sunday, Father's Day. Get the day started right with this pops-themed breakfast recipe.
Recommended Stories For You
Looking for more fun and exciting things to do? Check out our Entertainment page here on SierraSun.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show
- Truckee receives Caltrans award for Mousehole project
- Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Resort celebrates season opener with new triple chairlift (VIDEO)