Your Tahoe weekend: First day of summer? Tahoe’s got you covered
June 22, 2015
TAHOE-TRUCKEE, Calif. — Sunday is the first day of summer. So whether you're dancing near the beach or fluttering through the Sierra wilderness, there's plenty of entertainment and recreation on tap this weekend to kick summer off in style.
How about a hike: With well over 100 distinct species, Donner Summit boasts enough diversity that the region ranks as one of the richest butterfly faunas documented in North America north of Mexico.
Or, some music: The Kings Beach and Tahoe City outdoor beach music series kick off this weekend, on Friday and Sunday, respectively.
Maybe a mountain fest: Guided trail runs, stand-up paddleboard clinics and daily yoga sessions are all part of this summer's Alpenglow Mountain Festival.
Or, a wine-filled walk: Back for a 10th wonderful year, the Tahoe City Wine Walk winds you through restaurants, spirits, businesses and more in downtown Tahoe City.
And, of course, for the dads: Perhaps there's a reason the longest day of the year is Sunday, Father's Day. Get the day started right with this pops-themed breakfast recipe.
Recommended Stories For You
Looking for more fun and exciting things to do? Check out our Entertainment page here on SierraSun.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Two dead, one critically injured in Truckee airplane crash
- Carson City woman admits to fatal DUI at Lake Tahoe
- UPDATE: A second passenger dead, 1 in critical condition due to plane crash this morning (VIDEO)
- Ferguson Fire in Yosemite filling Lake Tahoe Basin with smoke
- Nevada County prosecutor: Victim’s blood found on Joseph Ward’s boots