$2,200 raised for longtime Truckee local Paul Covarelli
August 2, 2016
Truckee's own friendly mountain motorcycle club, Crew MC, held its annual Poker Run at El Toro Bravo on June 4, including raffle prizes and a silent auction all for the benefit of Paul Covarelli.
Paul is a longtime Truckee local who has donated hundreds of hours of his time providing musical entertainment to private benefits, school organizations and local charities.
Unfortunately, Paul was diagnosed with cancer in 2015 and has had other medical issues before and since. Thankfully, his health is getting better every day.
The Poker Run, a 40-mile ride along the North Lake Tahoe loop, began at El Toro Bravo, then continued with poker stops at Squaw Valley, Pete N Peter's in Tahoe City, Spindleshanks at Brockway Golf Course in Kings Beach and The Pastime Club in Truckee, before returning to El Toro Bravo.
The run was a great success, with live music from Second Floor Blues Band, and then Paul himself surprised everyone with a cameo appearance.
Crew MC would like to thank all the merchants who generously donated their merchandise and services for our raffle drawing and silent auction; the local businesses who hosted our poker stops; Boomtown Casino for their grand prize donation; and the community members who came out and supported our benefit Poker Run.
Recommended Stories For You
Everyone had a lot of fun and we were able to raise $2,200 for Paul.
Trending In: Announcements
- Two arrested at Truckee Rite Aid on burglary, drug charges
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- William Mardison: Police officers’ association announces Truckee council endorsements
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: North Tahoe Public Utility District (VIDEO)