Incline’s Polly Wolfe wins ‘Good Deed Award’
November 13, 2013
Tahoe Family Solutions and Umpqua Bank this week announced that TFS Board member Polly Wolfe was selected as the Umpqua "Good Deed Award" recipient for the State of Nevada.
Wolfe's dedication to TFS over the past eight years was a key to her being nominated for this award, according to a press release from the Incline Village nonprofit.
With Facebook's online voting resulting in more than 3,100 ballots cast, Wolfe — an Incline resident — beat out the two other outstanding candidates. The "Good Deed Award" recognizes outstanding volunteers in Nevada and three other states.
Winners receive $5,000 to donate to their favorite nonprofit; for Wolfe, that is TFS.
"This statewide recognition for Polly is past due and highlights her tireless efforts for children in the Incline community," TFS Chair John Iannucci said in a statement.
According to TFS, Wolfe has celebrated many accomplishments while serving as a volunteer for TFS, including:
Recommended Stories For You
• She has been instrumental in fostering the growth of the Homework Help Club for Incline Elementary School.
• She and her husband Joe have established a fund that allows low-income families to send children to Camp Explore each summer.
• She has been the chair of the "Brunch with Santa" event for the past five years.
• She has played a crucial role in funding TFS efforts to bring affordable mental health care to the Tahoe Basin.
Wolfe recently signed on for another three-year term on the TFS Board and is now busy working on the Dec. 14 "Brunch with Santa" event, with more than 250 kids expected to attend. Wolfe will also be involved in TFS efforts with the "Adopt a Family" program this December.
Tahoe Family Solutions is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit. For information, visit http://www.tahoefamily.org or call Leslie Blunden at 775-298-0204.
Trending In: Announcements
- Update: Truckee police actively working case involving suspect with a firearm in Glenshire area
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million