KidZone Museum featured at Tahoe charity luncheon
June 21, 2016
Tahoe League for Charity held its May 9 meeting at Jake's on the Lake in Tahoe City.
Speakers for the day were Carol Meagher and Holly Galbo from The KidZone Museum in Truckee. This is a children's museum with exhibits that provide innovative play that encourages the development of social, imagination, physical and problem solving skills.
The museum offers a baby zone, an indoor play structure, an art studio, and an hands-on science exploration center.
Since its inception in 1992, KidZone has offered a learning place for children to play and connect with other families. It is a museum funded by grants that demonstrates innovative approaches to reach children and families through an expanded community partnering with 40 organizations
KidZone serves 3,500 children through camps, special events and classes. Go to kidzonemuseum.org for more information.
Linda Schwoob is Publicity Chair for Tahoe League for Charity, a nonprofit that has provided over $350,000 in scholarships and grants for the benefit of our community. Visit tahoeleagueforcharity.org for information.
Trending In: Announcements
- UPDATE: Body found in Truckee River near Hwy 267 bypass bridge
- Truckee-Tahoe resort community to add 16 new luxury homes in Old Greenwood
- A longer Legacy: Truckee council looks to expand trail
- VIDEO: Alpine coaster debuts at Tahoe’s Heavenly summer adventure park
- Street repaving to begin in coming weeks