Kings Beach Elementary uses $5K grant to upgrade water fountains
February 16, 2015
Kings Beach Elementary recently won a $5,000 grant from the Lowe's Toolbox for Education program.
The funds have been used to replace two existing water fountains. The new fountains also serve as water bottle fillers.
This is important as the school strives to continue to promote a green environment. The students are so excited.
Each year, Lowe's donates more than $5 million to more than 1,000 public schools. The Toolbox for Education grant is focused on projects that have a permanent impact such as facility enhancement (both indoor and outdoor) as well as landscaping/clean up type projects.
Information provided by Stephanie McIntosh.
Trending In: Announcements
- North Tahoe High School celebrates 64 students earning diplomas
- Lost hiker rescued in Desolation Wilderness shows importance of being prepared
- UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe PD asking for public’s help IDing suspect in deadly shooting
- Bicyclist dead after being struck by vehicle on State Route 89
- Truckee bridge construction taking off in Tahoe City