Longtime local retires after 23-year Truckee Sanitary District career
December 7, 2015
The Truckee Sanitary District is proud to announce the retirement of Gordon Dicey.
Dicey, who moved to Truckee in the early 1980s, came to work for the district in 1992 after working in the local building and retail trade.
Dicey, whose last day was Nov. 30, was a Field Operations Supervisor, in which he ran the district's pipeline inspection and condition assessment program.
Dicey says he has no plans to leave the Truckee area and looks forward to spending more time with his grandchildren and wife, Vikki, as well as snowmobiling and camping.
At his retirement luncheon, TSD Board President Nelson Van Gundy presented Dicey with a Resolution of Appreciation for his service to the District and wished him the best in his retirement.
"Gordon has been a great asset to the Collection System Maintenance Dept., and his thorough knowledge of the District will be missed," said Lee Wright, O&M Superintendent.
Recommended Stories For You
This article was submitted by the Truckee Sanitary District. Visit truckeesan.org to learn more.
Trending In: Announcements
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Truckee man accused of raping teen
- Coming soon: a theater near you – Truckee Art Haus on track for downtown
- Rally for Rasta Stevie: Tahoe community comes together to support self-described ski bum, emcee
- Truckee Donner Land Trust awarded more than $750,000 for forest health work