Longtime local retires after 23-year Truckee Sanitary District career
December 7, 2015
The Truckee Sanitary District is proud to announce the retirement of Gordon Dicey.
Dicey, who moved to Truckee in the early 1980s, came to work for the district in 1992 after working in the local building and retail trade.
Dicey, whose last day was Nov. 30, was a Field Operations Supervisor, in which he ran the district's pipeline inspection and condition assessment program.
Dicey says he has no plans to leave the Truckee area and looks forward to spending more time with his grandchildren and wife, Vikki, as well as snowmobiling and camping.
At his retirement luncheon, TSD Board President Nelson Van Gundy presented Dicey with a Resolution of Appreciation for his service to the District and wished him the best in his retirement.
"Gordon has been a great asset to the Collection System Maintenance Dept., and his thorough knowledge of the District will be missed," said Lee Wright, O&M Superintendent.
Recommended Stories For You
This article was submitted by the Truckee Sanitary District. Visit truckeesan.org to learn more.
Trending In: Announcements
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- ‘A TOTAL DIFFERENT LIFETIME’: All-female grunge group ready to rock Art Truckee (VIDEO)
- Old Tahoe City firehouse could get a makeover
- French Meadows Restoration Project reaches final approval
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show